Let's face it, I'm the homework house, the 'clean your room', the chores, the day in, the day out, the mundane.
And Daddys is the fun house, the Happy House, 'Let's go do this', 'Lets go do that', one fun adventure after the other... it's VACATION!!!
As we arrive home, I try to shake these feelings, and shift the mood, so as we walk in the house, I scream, as loud as I can... "YAY, THIS HOUSE FINALLY FEELS LIKE HOME CUZ MY BABIES ARE BACK!!!!" The kids thought this was really funny, and it formed a bit of fun throughout the evening, as we all sounded like The Waltons, yelling back and forth to one another, across the house "I love you Mommy!!" - "I love you Mikah!!", "Its so good to be home Mommy!!" - "It's so good to have you home Jett!!"
Later that evening, as we're all snuggled in my big bed, we write in our gratitude journals, and share what we wrote with one another, and when Jett reads his, he ends with "... and I'm so grateful to finally be home!"
The heaviness in my heart lifted right then. THIS may be the mundane, this may be the homework house, and we may not have a fun adventure every single day, but at the end of the day, the fact is,
they know that This.Is.Home.










No comments:
Post a Comment