The sermon was so moving that I cried through a lot of it, Mike even offered his sleeve for me to wipe my eyes and blow my nose on, LOL!
The service was beautiful,
and some of what the pastor spoke of, was all the evidence, throughout time, of Christ's existence and authenticity.
He gave so many examples that it would be too difficult to reiterate all of them now,
but it was profound.
I know that each of us have our own examples of the Lord showing Himself to us personal, but there was a part in the sermon that really struck me, at one point the pastor said,
"Most people say 'Seeing is believing', but shouldn't it be... BELIEVING is seeing?"
I found that so unbelievably prophetic, in more ways than one.
The fact that 'Seeing is believing' is a cliche in our society,
goes to show how many of us, if not most,
live our life thinking just that... SEEING..... is Believing.
It made me think of when Presley was born,
Upon finding out for certain, that Presley had Ds,
I vividly remember thinking...
'Lord, what did I do to deserve this?'
In the first few days, those 'dark hours', as I refer to them,
I remember actually thinking of specific actions of mine,
or choices I'd made, throughout my life,
that He could be punishing me for.
I didn't BELIEVE for a minute that there was anything positive about Presley's presence in my life.
But, you want to hear the irony in this?
IF my earthly father,
if my mother and father, here on earth,
were the ones responsible for choosing Presley for me,
walking into that hospital room and putting her in my arms...
I may have been taken a back by their choice,
I may have had some questions,
and certainly even, wondered 'why?' to some degree,
but never would I have thought they were punishing me.
I am so certain of my parents love for me,
their absolute and unwavering, want for me to have all that is good and perfect in life,
that I would have just known,
that in giving me Presley, that 'They must know something I don't know.'
I would have BELIEVED without seeing.
I have heard that the Lord loves us, so much more than our earthy parents ever could,
yet, in that moment, I doubted Him.
In that moment, and many other moments...
I couldn't SEE His plan for me, and I didn't have faith in Him.
Believing is seeing...
And, as for that question I so specifically remember asking a year ago,
'Lord, what did I do to deserve this?'
I still ask that question,
it just means something completely,
and totally different...
'Lord, what did I do to deserve this?'


18 comments:
Well whatever you did you were rewarded with an incredible gift. But never forget the reverse of that Presely is an incredibly lucky little girl to have you as a mom. You are both amazing people doing amazing things and there is obviously a reason behind it all. =]
Kele.......I LOVE this post!!! What a great analogy between what your response would be/or would have been if your earthly parents had chosen Presley for you and your family versus God...and how your initial response was of wondering what you did wrong. I am fumbling with words here...but what you wrote will stick with me....how often we question God's love for us when we can't see him...yet if our earthly parents love us, how much more does He and yet we so often forget this or have a hard time comprehending it.
Indeed...what did we do to deserve these amazing, beautiful, chromosomally enhanced little ones! These pictures of Presley make my heart sing...she is so adorable!!!!!!
Oh I just love this post!!! I had to come back to say it again! :)
Hugs to you!
You are so blessed with her. Just to look at her from up here in Missouri is a blessing to me. She is wonderful and so is all your family.
Loved your post, brought tears to my eyes as well as I know exactly what you mean. How blessed we are to have such angels in our lives, to be surrounded by great people that have walked where we have walked, there to hold our hand and guide us through and to know how LOVED we our by our Father in Heaven. Sweet words Kele...thank you. HOpe your Easter day was special, happy and blessed.
This is such a BEAUTIFUL post....written from a mother's heart....a mother who was chosen expecially for this precious child who will touch MANY lives. Presley is beautiful and so are you!
I much enjoyed reading and am left without many words. Very moving, very poignant, Kele. :)
Wow! That's the first thing that comes to mind when I read this! I thought the same things and even said it outloud to my OB/GYN the day after Morgan was born. "I think GOD is punishing me". And just like you I wonder daily what in the world I did to deserve this awesome little girl!! Thank you so much for this post! It is awesome!
Denise
Great post my dear friend.I for one, will ask myself and God daily,for the rest of my life, what I did to deserve this magical child of mine as well.With the gift of Zoey came the gift of this beautiful community I am now a part of and within that community,friendships that will last a lifetime.Friends like you that sweeten this journey and for that I thank you. and your precious Presley.Kisses to the lovely butterfly ... the pictures are darling ... as always.
I adore this post :)
i don't know, but thank God you did it!!
Gorgeous dress--was it her Easter dress?
I've been sneaking peeks at your lovey and is she ever a cutie! She has a twinkle in her eye that says look out! Your post was so moving. God really enjoys the element of surprise doesn't He.He has a way of turning what we might think are our worst,darkest moments into the best moments of our lives.We go from believeing we are being punished by our heavenly Father to thinking we must be His favorite!Thanks for this beautiful post. Stephanie
My husband told our church one night during lent while I was pregnant with Sydney that 1 in 600 children are born with DS and God gave us that gift to take care of. At first it was hard to see, but He gave us something more precious that I ever could have imagined!! God blessed you with Sweet Presley! What an amazing gift!
Beautiful photos. I love Presley's dress.
So precious, and definitly one of Gods greater gifts to us.
what a beautiful post. completely agree. i too remember thinking back on all the things i had done wrong in my life and had wondered if henry had been my punishment. then the more i held him in my arms i began to see that there was nothing evil or wrong about this beautiful baby boy. therefore, he was in no way a punishment but the most amazing gift that i now wonder why God chose us to have such an amazing son. many times in my life God has not given me what i wanted...but gives me something even better...he gives me what i actually need in my life.
I can totally relate! Thanks for sharing! And blowing your nose on his sleeve? Ewww lol
I have asked the same question- thank you for giving me a new way to view it !
Post a Comment