Friday, April 3, 2009

An oldie but a goodie...



We are pretty picky about the TV Mikah and Jett watch, the one and only time I tuned in to Sponge Bob, I was pretty astonished to find that in the first two minutes he said 'stupid' and 'shut up', so for the most part, we only watch the Noggin channel during the day in our house.
However, lately we have happened upon 'Tom and Jerry', and I have NEVER seen Mikah and Jett more mesmerized. I even bought a 'Tom and Jerry' DVD for $5 and it has been their bed time movie of choice for over a week!!! It is funny, I find myself watching it and laughing too. Reminds me of how I can still watch 'I love Lucy' and laugh hysterically.
I look forward to tuning into the 'TV Land' channel when they are older and hoping they get a kick out of some of the shows I liked when I was growing up. I still think one of the best series ever filmed was, 'The Wonder Years', I have told Mike that I will buy the whole series and the kids and us will make a weekly event of watching every episode when they are older!!
Good T.V., it's pretty hard to find these days, wouldn't ya say?

Hypnotized by that cat and mouse...


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally know what you mean. I despise most of the new cartoons...what happened to the classics?? I rented Fraggle Rock the other day for them...do you remember that one?? They loved it. Jaden must have watched it 5 times that day. We unhooked cable for them and now they only watch the 'good' cartoons on our TV occassionally or good movies. I am with ya sista! And oh my goodness LOVE the photos of the wee ones, especially sweet Presley. Keep your eye open for something in the mail...should be there early next week! Love ya girl and miss seeing your posts and hearing from you!

My name is Sarah said...

Oh Presley looks adorable. I love her with her headband.

sheree said...

*squeal*!!! Presley is looking too cute for words!

I agree...TV is terrible for kids. I thought your post was funny because Cameron has been watching Tom and Jerry lately too and I was so surprised that it held his attention so well considering there is really not a lot of conversation. Good stuff! ;)

Krissy said...

I agree, The Wonder Years was my show of choice before bed growing up.

Krissy said...

I wanted to let you know I gave you the lemonade stand award over on my blog.

Joella said...

Love the old cartoons too. I'm glad they got to go out and play today!

Pres with no tubes on her beautiful face, Love it!

Jessica said...

Hi Kele! I love The Wonder Years too... my boyfriend searched all over for the series on dvd but it didn't exist... so he found one on Ebay that someone made from all the episodes they had taped... a little ghetto/low quality, but over the last 2 years we've watched every single episode of the series! We just finished about a week ago. If they still haven't made a real dvd of the series, I could probably mail you ours, now that we've seen every single episode haha.

Mary said...

Look at that lovely smile! It's contagious!

Blog Archive