Friday, May 8, 2009

J boy's DREAM comes true...

Jett is sooooo fascinated with school buses. It is a big deal everytime we get in the car to find a school bus, when we do, he and Mikah go crazy and J boy yells "YELLOW SCHOOL BUS MOMMY!! YELLOW SCHOOL BUS!"
Today, as we were parking at the zoo, we spotted about 20 buses, I drove to that part of the parking lot and saw two guys sitting under a tree by the buses. I asked if they were the drivers and would they mind if my kids walked on the bus. One of drivers was sooooo cool, he took Jett on his bus and let him push every button he could find, taught him how to open and shut the door and even turned the engine on. This may sound hokey, but I wanted to cry. Jett is IN love with school buses and to see him so happy and excited over something so simple, made me just down right sappy, in that sappy way only another Mommy could understand.
As we were leaving, I noticed a picture above the bus driver's window, it was a crayon drawing that read 'I love you Daddy!'. I guess I stand corrected, 'in that sappy way only another Mommy or DADDY, can understand!'
Thanks Mr. Cool Bus Driver, where ever you are!











6 comments:

sheree said...

aww, how fun! My son would be in heaven over that too!

Heather said...

Oh the little things in life.To be small again and mesmerized by the simple joys.Love the last post picture of Miss Presley ... wish I could love and squeeze her all day myself.One day soon maybe.

Carman said...

Even as a first grader, Jordan loves the bus. It was a treat that she could ride the bus to my school a few times this year, so I totally get the bus thing. On a different note, you and I think alike; Jordan also has the dress that Mikah is wearing in the pictures.

Anonymous said...

That is such a great feeling...watching them 'over the moon' by something. Jaden LOVES tractors (backhoes, trackhoes, graders)...all of them. He sleeps with the machinery trader when it comes in the mail and he GLOWS when his daddy lets him ride in one with him. such wonderful and simple moments as mothers! I hope you had a WONDERFUL MOther's Day my friend. I will call this week before we leave...and yes, got the dress photo...LOVE THEM! Thank you. xo

Krissy said...

Still love these pictures and I'm loving the new layout!

All 4 My Gals said...

That is so cool! You're a great mommy!

Blog Archive