I am a middle child, and where as I certainly don't think there are any irreparable damages done to me from being the middle child, I do know that there have been times I have resented that I wasn't the oldest child, the ever anticipated 'First', as well times when I wished that I was the 'Baby', and all the preciousness that that entails.
Please don't read negatively into this admission, it is certainly not an issue I have sought therapy over, not that I couldn't benefit immensely from time on a couch, I just don't blame my being the middle child on that need, LOL!
However, being the middle child, I have to admit, that I was very pleased to know that Jetty, my precious middle man, was also going to be our only boy. I thought perhaps, that him being our one and only Little Prince, he wouldn't succumb to the 'middle child' syndrome, if in fact we have decided that such a thing exists?!?!
However, Mikah was the first, not just for Mike and I, but my parents waited 40 years for their precious first grandchild, and Mike's parents got there first granddaughter out of her arrival! Mike and I had such a lovely, uninterrupted and unshared 16 months with our precious first born, those 'firsts' are always so beautiful, and they are never 'firsts' again.... sad but true.
Then came Jett, I was so elated to give Mike his little boy, and he was perfection in it's truest form. But it seemed so quickly that his arrival was followed by Presley's arrival, and the diversion that her presence and fragile health brought into our lives.
Lately, I have taken time to really think about the last 3 years and what I failed to give my sweet and precious boy. I don't beat myself up over it, but I am aware that Jett hasn't been give the gift of my complete and undivided attention, nearly as often as he deserves. And, I am pleased that some recent happenings with him has brought this to my attention. I think it is safe to say that this awareness will benefit my little guy, and only sweeten our time with him!
He is our absolute, all time, undeniably favorite son!! ;-)





10 comments:
I have often though how lucky Jett was to be the only boy, since he was the middle child. I know you and Mike shower him with love and attention. You may be the best parents I know!
sweet and lucky little boy
He sure is a handsome guy! It's hard not to get wrapped up in "everything else" and remember to show the love and attention to our kids that they undoubtedly deserve. The fact that you have come to this realization is gift in and of itself. Jett is a lucky boy :)
Oh yeah he's a keeper! Sucking up all that good stuff he is! What a sweet.
And I am not a middle child but do have one, and I will be the one who needs therapy!
She'll be fine...LOL
BTW, LOVE, your necklace and bracelet in the first photo, beautiful!
That is nice that the middle child is the only boy. He is in a league of his own and hopefully won't have to worry to much about being a middle child!
He sure is one handsome little guy! Spending individual quality time with multiple children is such a difficult task. Not even a "supermom" can catch a break!! But, each child has their own unique personality which makes our relationships with each of them that more wonderful:) It doesn't have to be "EQUAL" time, just good solid "QUALITY" time. And that will vary with each child! Your children look happy, so you are doing something right:)
I think he is an awesome guy and he will grow up sandwiched between two beautiful sisters. I have often looked at the "first child" "middle child" "baby" syndrome and tried to apply it to my now grown children. They all fit pretty well into the roles and they have all grown up with extra gifts from their roles. Because of the extra care Presley needed her siblings will probably grow up to be more caring individuals than kids who didn't get that chance.
Have a happy summer!
Jet is so handsome and he has some terrific parents:)
Ummm,I guess I'm going to have alot of middle child syndrome at my house! ;)
Your favorite son is too precious for words. So lucky to have you as his mama.
he may be the middle child but our Jett also happens to be the luckiest little boy in the world!! And I assure you, he will always know this.
Post a Comment