Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Presley is a MESS!

I do plan on spending some time in a couple of days to upload lots of random pictures from the last two weeks, however, I couldn't resist posting a couple tonight.
I can't tell you just what a mess the butterfly has been lately!! In to everything and definitely at that familiar toddler place where if I can't hear her, I know it is not a good thing!!

The pictures below are from today. I have been working on a project in my master bedroom and bath, textured, glaze painting with a faux brick under lay. It requires several paint colors and often times I have all of them out and open at once. This afternoon, as I was working in the bathroom, I noticed 'the quiet' I was talking about and went to look in my bedroom where Presley was busy 'finger painting', she had two cans of paint empty and all over the place!!

Now even in the name of blogging I couldn't stop and take a picture of the little stinker doused in paint, it was immediately to the tub, she had it in her hair, ears, mouth, eyes... OMG, I have never seen such a mess. But here is the very unhappy little Miss after a vigorous clean up.
In the end, I did finish my project, it was just a bit messier than I had anticipated!


And Yes, I did manage to get the paint off the carpet, my Hoover Steam Vac is my new best friend!!

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

OMG!!!!! What a sight!!! I knew from the very first time I saw Miss P she was going to be a hurricane! I think I even commented on that "Twinkle" in her eye!

And Holy Cow that paint project is amazing!!!! seriously that is terrific! It looks great.

Stephanie said...

I had to come back one more time ... with my girls!

and I just noticed Miss P and Miss Em have the same outfit! i love sunny days shirt and flowered shorts! two of a kind!!

my family said...

want to come vist me ( and do some paint jobs) lol

What a mess but I know she had fun even though she wasnt happy about clean up :) glad you are back

Denise said...

Gosh...to think about when I met Presley back in August, she wasn't even sitting up completely on her own. And now...this!! I am so proud of how far she has come :) Ella has made more than one mess just like that in the bathroom but now my husband has officially put a latch on EVERY cupboard in our house. Finally, HOW DARE you not take a picture of her before wisking her off for a bath. What harm could one more minute have done??? I mean, come on!!! For the sake of memories for pete's sake!! You are unbelievable!! (OK, have I yelled at you enough yet). Miss you girl and especially that little Presley angel!!!

Denise said...

Oh, and I forgot to say what an AWESOME job you did on your bathroom....you rock!!!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

wow! i can't believe the adorable little face she gives you when she knows she is getting into something she shouldn't - i agree with stephanie, Presley definitely had a twinkle in her eye!
your faux brick painting turned out awesome, you are very talented! (and motivated) so happy the paint came out of the carpet and off of presley :)

Cammie Heflin said...

Oh my goodness! I still can't get over our girls' likeness! They even have the same outfit and pitiful crying face!

Lacey said...

Wow, that girl! You might need to go buy lots of gates!

Tina said...

Firstly, I just love to hear about our kids doing everything every child should be, i.e. getting into things they shouldn't be, doing things they shouldn't, being inquisitve, curious and well a little naughty too!! Way to go Presley, you are doing great, and so so cute at it too!! Love the 1st picture with her naughty grin...like she knows she's caught. Please give her big big hugs.

Secondly wow what a great job on the bath, it's beautiful and you did that all on your own??? WOW!!

heather said...

Your walls look amazing though!

Emily said...

LOVING the project!
What a fun little mess she made! Justin can make quite the tornado himself. They'd be quite the team together!

Rachael and Chris said...

That first pic is adorable and your walls look fantastic!! Presley certainly wins the award for cutest troublemaker.

Mary said...

Holy cow! She sure does look cute all upset though! The walls look great!

The Beautiful Cagle Family said...

So when can you come over and do my bathroom?!?! AMAZING!! I love it and I love the pic of Presley with all the "stuff" around her!

Blog Archive