Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The latest on Presley...

First I want to thank Heather for the last update, I just couldn't find it in me to sit and write one.

Furthermore, I want to apologize for not returning the texts, phone calls and emails I have received from several of you amazing friends out there in blog land.
I admit to going in 'shut down' mode when things get tough...
as Mike fielded calls from my parents and sisters last week, he finally said to me
"I totally get you don't want to talk, but don't you think you should at least call your family?!?!"
Pretty crappy of me, huh?
So again, I am sorry....your reaching out means the world to me.

As for the butterfly...
well, I have decided she needs to be a contestant on 'Dancing with the stars',
as she does a great 'two steps forward, one step back' routine!
Since my last post we have done just that in the areas of fluid retention, blood pressure, and oxygenation.
She has had 'good' days
but even more 'not much has changed' days ,
I am waiting for some 'REALLY AWESOME' days to fall in the line up.
We have gone back on the traditional ventilator this morning and she is tolerating that nicely.
However, her current ventilator settings do not indicate her being weaned off in the next few days.
But the fact that we made this transition nicely pleases me enough for now...
"slow and steady"
hasn't someone we all know and love repeated that to us enough times that we have no choice but to believe it!!

It is surreal to be dealing with all of this again.
I can certainly tell you it is far tougher this time around.
When Presley was struggling the first 7 months of her life in the hospital, she was never truly ours.
We had always shared her with doctors and nurses and surgeons.

She didn't have a toy box full of her own toys at home,
or a bedroom she shared with her sister,
I didn't know what silly face to make to get a huge belly laugh out of her,
I hadn't seen her and Mikah sitting together in the 'big' chair, while Mikah pretends to read to her,
she hadn't crawl around the house with naughty intentions,
pulled on Gus' ear,
or frustrated her big brother by knocking over his carefully constructed blocks.
I didn't know the annoying little stinker that would crawl into the kitchen every morning, yelling and screaming for her breakfast,
We hadn't played 'Pat a cake' or 'Where's your nose?' or 'Peek a boo!' with that little love we shared with an entire PICU.
But we have done all of those things this past year and a half, and we have had to share her with no one...
she has been all ours,
and our house is not 'home' until she comes back.

So please continue to pray for her,
pray for her little body to continue to be strong,
and pray that nothing derail the positive direction we are moving in.
I am well aware of the Power of Prayer,
and I thank you all for taking the time to send some upward for my precious butterfly, my tiger-fly, my littlest love... sweet Presley.

25 comments:

The Beautiful Cagle Family said...

kele, know that it is okay to not be returning email, phone calls, text and whatever else. you have your mind and hands full. And when you are ready we will all be here for you! sweet presley you are in my prayers!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

I was literally just thinking of you and hoping for an update and "voila" here it is... I am happy to hear she is tolerating the ventilator and seems stable, but as you said, i hope there are some totally awesome days coming very soon when she is going to make all of this seem like a distant nightmare! thinking about you guys all of the time and hoping little presley gets back home with you all soon soon soon!!!!

Runningmama said...

I'll keep on praying for little Presley!

Kelly said...

Praying for AWESOME days to come:) And even more prayers that Presley will be resting in the comfort of her own home soon! Hang in there Kele:)

Heather said...

Praying for awesome days and sending you all love ...especially to your amazingly strong,resilient little butterfly.Slow and steady indeed ...

Amy said...

So glad that you have an update! I have been praying and thinking of you and Pres! I understand that need to be alone and not talk when things get tough. I am one of those people as well. I will call tomorrow and see if you will be at the hosp. I am off and would love to come sit and check on Pres and you. Miss u, and little Pres. Prayers, prayers, and more prayers coming her way!

Amy

my family said...

kele, it is perfectly ok not to want to talk, this is an overwheming time for you and your family. I pray for a full and speedy recovery. You all are in our prayers..good days are soon to come my friend

Rachael and Chris said...

If you do feel guilty about not getting back to people, just remember that making these posts IS getting back to people.
Still praying...can't wait for the "She's Home" post...I know it will be soon.

Lacey said...

Hey, she's back on the regular vent. Baby steps. She'll get there, I know how hard it is. Kiss that sweet baby for us!

Tina said...

Kele know that we are all praying for your sweet little butterfly and before you know she will be smiling and laughing at you when you make all those silly faces at her. Till then yes slow and steady is always a good sign and I hope it continues that way.

Stay stong and keep the faith...sending so much postive energy her way and always staying optimistic. Hugs

Gabriela said...

Ich denke von ganzem Herzen an euren kleinen Sonnenschein.
Viel Kraft und Zuversicht wünsche ich euch.
(my english is a to bad, sorry!)

Gabriela

Pallavi said...

Dear Kele, we are praying for our sweet butterfly. Awesome days will back very soon. Take care

Stephanie said...

Kele don't you dare worry about answering Emails or anything. We know! And we all understand, and if I send an email, I'm not expecting an answer.
Miss P sure is all yours (and ours) and she will be up to raising hell and sunshine soon.
So many prayers for the Butterfly, she get her act together soon enough!

Love you!!!

heidi marie said...

i am so like you in the sense of i just don't want to talk to anyone when things aren't going well. i just want to withdraw and there's nothing wrong with it as long as you come out of your cocoon eventually. ;) we are praying for presley and if you need anything don't be afraid to ask!

To Love Endlessly said...

you just take whatever time you need to gather yourself to stay connected. Your follow bloggers understand the ups and downs and we are all here praying for your baby steadily in the not-so-distant background.

Cheryl Westhafer said...

Hey Kele, Just happened to look in on your blog today and was shocked to find out about Miss Presley. I'm sending all my prayers and get well wishes her way and one for you and the rest of your family. We all know what a tough little fighter she is!! I hope you are all back home together soon!!!

Cheri said...

Oh man I know what you mean about it being harder this time around after having her all to yourself all this time....that little stinker will come a crawling demanding breakfast real soon! (That image makes me smile).

Praying for a strong and steady course...no infections, no derailing from the plan and a fabulous welcome home party....soon!

Anonymous said...

{{{{HUGS}}}} and Prayers

Katie Kilcoyne said...

We are praying for all of you. I hope you are feeling better. We will miss you tonight.

Emily said...

Our prayers continue for sweet Presley and your cute family. Here's a hug from me to you... (((hug)))

Camille said...

I know what you mean by not calling anyone. I know it is unkind to the ones who love us, but sometimes there are no words and you feel you have said all you can....I pray God will continue to wash over the family and each of you will feel his presence and love at this time. God will's is faithful and true....Love each you...

Stephanie said...

Kele - I don't think I have every left a comment here before..my son, Christopher, is in the T-21 club. ;) He was in the hospital for 6 months following his first open heart....I know where you are coming from. I am so sorry that you guys have to be back there, BUT I am glad that you have had some experience here.

We are keeping you all in our prayers! Go Presley go!

Hugs!

Steph and Christopher

Sweet Pea's Mommy said...

We are continuing to pray for Presley and for you. You are both amazingly strong!!!! HUGS!!!

Thanks for letting Heather update all of us!

Krissy said...

Sending the butterfly all the love, good thoughts and prayers in the world. *hugs!*

(And sending comfort to you as well Kele! You're doing incredible with all this!)

Rochelle said...

Praying lots for you guys.

Blog Archive