Thursday, May 20, 2010

Wish I had better news

The love and support from friends, family and this amazing blogging world never ceases to amaze Mike and I.... thank you so very much.

Unfortunately Presley's day was a rough one. They had issues with her oxygen levels, as well as her blood pressure, trying to keep either in the range they want has been difficult.

Yesterday I was a bit more positive and up about everything, today I have found myself very worried and sad. As I watch more lines, tubes and IV's being added, along with the swelling that changes her appearance so much, not to mention the physician telling us that she has 'some very sick little lungs right now', I start to feel sick at my stomach... so heart broken that my sweet girl is at this place in the road again...
this 'place' sucks large!!

In addition to the 'very sick little lungs' remark, we also got a 'it is very possible she will get worse before getting better' remark. I am having to refrain from calling this PICU physician Dr. Grim rather than his real name.
But I wouldn't dare.
I wouldn't dare because I know that he is just being honest, and is taking amazing care of my little love.

My sweet friend thought the tiger/butterfly combo is a good one to go thru life with, and suggested we call the little love tiger-fly, I had to smile at that, especially when I think about how badly I want to see that feisty 'little tiger' I was writting about in yesterday's post!!

Please pray that our Presley will flutter and fly her way outta here soon...

and I can't wait to hear her roar again!


Notice her precious butterfly blankie?? Someone very special made that for the little Miss a long time ago...

32 comments:

rylie's mom said...

Praying for a quick healing and sending hugs.

Emily said...

Oh... sweet love. You know we are praying hard for her. She is such a precious child. Prayers of comfort to your darling family too.

Bulldogma said...

Found your blog through a friend... I'm sorry your little Butterfly is so sick! She's in my thoughts!! Hang in there!

Kelly said...

Many prayers that our little "tiger-fly" heals quickly and is back in the comfort of her own home soon!! I LOVE the new name, very fitting. Landon is sending Miss Presley a great big "tiger" hug and lots of "butterfly" kisses!! Get well soon sweet little one:)

Tina said...

Oh Kele this is not the news I was praying for, I checked in earlier but there was no post from you so I was hoping no news was good news.

I continue to pray for our little tiger-fly, how appropriate this new name, yes I too hope to see her roaring again really soon. I send you much positive energy, and hope she can be out of there soon. Stay strong I know that must be hard right now, but so may are praying for sweet baby Presley and I am positive everything will be fine.

Hugs and kisses to her.

my family said...

my heart breaks for you having to go through this, you all remain in our prayers daily and little tiger-fly (what a great new name) will be on her way to a quick recovery

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce, Oh sweet, sweet Presley. I just want to reach out and stroke her little forehead. Darn these lungs. And they sure are not the easiet to mend. It takes time and a roller coaster of a ride. Hang in there dear family. Just remember Sarah has been in Presley's same exact spot many times and look at her now. Praying for this to be a quick turnaround.

Lacey said...

Oh I hate this game. Once their little lungs are that sick, then the blood pressure and fluid overload issues start, making it a longer recovery. Prayers for your little warrior.

sheree said...

Keep your head up, Kele. I know it's beyond difficult to see Presley like this. She will fight her way through this.

Many loves, hugs, and prayers headed your way!

Sweet Pea's Mommy said...

Continuing to pray for Presley! I love Tiger-Fly!

Heather said...

Oh sweet love.Both of you.My heart is sad as I read this but my heart is full of unbridled hope because your butterfly is a fighter.A tiger.A warrior.All of those things will do nothing but add to the process of her getting better and getting home to where she belongs.I saw her do it before,and i have no doubt she will do it again.

We send love and prayers.and the blankie ... made me cry.

The Beautiful Cagle Family said...

Oh, Kele! I saw Mike at the kids school today and asked if everything was okay and he told me the news! So sorry friend!!! Keep the updates coming and we will keep the prayers coming!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh,Kele,I'm praying!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

oh kele, i am not happy to see this update and hear that presley is giving you guys quite a scare! i hope the "tiger" part of her comes out soon to hurry up and get her "sick little lungs" better ASAP!!!
sending thoughts and prayers your way!!!

ch said...

Praying for Presley...and giggling over Dr. Grim. Jace's post-op attending doctor really was named Dr. Grimm...we're hoping Presley is snuggled at home in no time...

Kelli said...

Just found your blog through Anne & Whitney's blog...just wanted to let you know that my family is thinking about yours and sending many prayers your way!

Rachael and Chris said...

I wish you had better news, too. Glad the new moniker I made up made you smile...I'm sure you could use all the smiles you can get these days.
Tell the little tiger-fly to keep fighting hard, and we'll keep praying hard. Big hugs to all 5 of you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kele..
Sorry to hear the news that Presley is sick.
Sending lots of Prayers and Hugs to you all!

AMY said...

Talking to Mary tonight and sending prayers down upon the little tiger and to u and Mike as well. Pres has not left my mind for s second since you told me she was sick, and she won't until she is at home for a play date with all of us! Love and hugs. I am here.

Amy

Katie Kilcoyne said...

We are praying for all of you and sending positive thoughts your way. The tiger-fly is in our thoughts.

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

Oh that sounds rough. Praying for a quick recover. See if you can get a pt to do therapy on her chest to move the gunk out of the lungs. That helped us speed up our recovery from it. hugs

Brenda Brown said...

I will be praying that Presley is well and back to her adorable self soon. Love

Andrea said...

Thinking and praying for you and your family....tiger-fly, that is adorable and fitting. I have read your blog before (I'm sort of new to this world) she has a beautiful "light up the room" smile. Can't wait to see a picture of that again. hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

You're in our thoughts and prayers Kele!
We're praying that God guides the minds, hands, and hearts of Presley's health care givers.
And also that God grants all of y'all comfort and peace.
She's such a little angel.

With love in Christ,
Burton and Ron

Runningmama said...

I am praying for little Presley, can't wait to see her feisty spirit again!

Cheri said...

Oh man....not the news I was hoping for for lil Tiger-fly (that's a perfect name by the way!). Kele, praying hard for all of you for patience and endurance as her little body fights this and gets stronger. Big hugs to you!

heidi marie said...

i love tiger-fly. i hope and pray presley is feeling better soon. sweet little girl has been through enough.

Kristin said...

Still praying over here. Be strong little one.

Claudia said...

I am so sorry. I hope and pray for a full recovery and strenghth and hope for all of you.

Love,
Claudia

Mary said...

Praying so hard!

Lori said...

I am so sad to have to add another one of our little angels to my prayer list...but your sweet Tiger-fly is going to the top of my list!
I pray for quick healing and comfort and rest for your family.

To Love Endlessly said...

praying, praying, praying!

Blog Archive