She got diagnosed with Pneumonia Sunday at the emergency room, came home with antibiotics and did well Monday, however, this morning she started to have a difficult time keeping her oxygen level up and I had to continually increase her oxygen.
Ultimately, she had me scared enough to call 911 and in an ambulance we arrived at the Children's Hospital around 11:00.
She was admitted to the PICU, and unfortunately had to be intubated (put on a ventilator) this afternoon around 4:30.
As she lays here in her hospital gown with a tiger print on it that says "Little Tiger!" I can't help but think that maybe her nick name of 'butterfly' shouldn't be changed to this.
This "butterfly" threw a 3 to 4 hour tantrum when paramedics, then E.R nurses and physicians all tried to work on her.
She threw such a doozy that her heart rate got as high as 204 bpm, she was kicking at them with both feet, yelling at them and then pulling their hair,
such sweet 'butterfly' things to do, don't cha think?
Furthermore, the PICU doctor started moving her pulse ox probe from finger to finger, and toe to toe, thinking that the monitor was incorrect, when it was reading an O2 sat of about 30 to 40%, (definitely a level when most people are already passed out, but Presley was still screaming and kicking) I had to assure him that I have seen her be that low before and still be awake, conscious, and yes, even yelling and screaming!
I don't think he really believed me until he started having the nurse push her sedation drug (so that he could paralyze her to put the tube down her throat) and realized that it was taking far more sedation to get this "butterfly" to quit trying to fight, than the normal 24 pounder.
He finally looked at me and said "Wow, she can be a handful?!"
To which I just replied,
"Dr. O, I would like you to meet my daughter Presley"
Thank you so much and I will keep you all posted!
She is, without a doubt, in the best hands, I can't even begin to tell you how A. MAZ. ING the doctors, nurses and respiratory therapists are at this hospital,
and even more said for them, they all seem to still like me after I turn the "Crazy Mom that thinks she always knows best" button off.
25 comments:
OH shit K... not a photo I want to see of the Princess.
You know I'm praying!
keep us posted... please.
Love and hugs!!
Oh no, poor little one! I'll be praying!
Oh no. Prayers being sent your way.
Oh no! Presley is such a fighter and I know she will win this current round. I do think tiger might be a good nickname, but there is something really cool about her being the polar opposite of "butterfly" at times! Prayers are coming your way!!!!
Just one more way that Presley and Ella are soooo alike!!! Ella threw a very similar tantrum when we were first admitted. So sorry to hear that she got sick. Glad she is in good hands and praying that she gets well quickly. Oh, that picture of her reminds me of Ella the other day :( Email me your cell phone number and we can text back and forth from hospital to hospital...adjvollmer@aol.com
She is in my prayers!!!
Loads and Loads of Prayers heading your way my sweet friend. She is such a fighter... Fight away sweet butterfly!
We are praying too Kele!
Oh Kele, so sorry to hear about about the "butterfly":( Boy do these kiddos like to stick together! We are sending lots of prayers your way! And Landon is sending Presley the biggest ((HUG)) ever!! Get well soon, sweetie!!
Kele, I'll be busy praying hard for dear sweet P. The butterfly looks as beautiful as always, we just need to get those tubes gone and that giant smile of hers back!!
Oh Kele - we were so worried when we got the news. Thank you for the update. We will keep praying for you, the family and the tigress! I love it! She's so tough.
Oh sweet butterfly...I talked to your daddy who said you put up quite the fight this afternoon.You keep that up little fighter.Show them what you got because I certainly know what you have in you ... resiliency and a whole lot of spunk.
Kisses butterfly.Big healing kisses and lots of prayers.
Oh crap, not the post I was hoping for. She's been doing so good for so long. I hate when they get intubated and the months of bad memories come flooding back. Keep us updated!
Oh, sweet Presley. I will definitely be praying extra hard. I think being a combination of butterfly and tiger is a perfect way to go through life...perhaps we can call her tigerfly.
Hang in there, mama...I will be praying for you, too.
wiliam had the same gown the first time in the hospital...we took it home shhhh dont tell.
I will keep your fiesty butterfly in our prayers
Oh Presley, What are you doing? Are you my little twin? Hang in there girlfriend. It will be ok.
Oh lil Tiger (AKA Lil butterfly)....rest up and listen to the doctors! ;) Praying for you!! xoxo
Oh no I can't believe this, I am getting way too many frights these days with all our little ones...what's going on!!!
Oh kele I will be praying really hard for your butterfly, this was not the post I was hoping for. I am sending her loads of positive energy and healing powers. I hope for good news soon. Please keep us updated. Not a pictures I liked seeing either, but that is going to be replaced with a happy one soon. Hugs to her :)
Oh sweet Presley, you will be allright.. Praying for your good health. Loads of love to you sweetie..
Praying for her Kele...and for you all.
praying for sweet little presley. sweet girl.
She's in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she is doing much better by now.
oh sweet baby! Many prayers being sent your way! Feel better soon.
I am just now reading this (after midnight wed. night) and cannot believe you guys are in the hospital with presley!!! i am hoping by now her o2 levels/sats are much better and that the antibiotics have begun their work on her pneumonia!!!! thinking of "ya'll" :) will say some prayers too...
Wow, I just found your blog and I cannot believe how similar our month has been! :( I'm sitting in the hospital right now as my 9 month old, Henry (who has DS) recovers from an almost fatal bout of pneumonia/rhinovirus/staph. AND I posted a similar "ho hum, normal life" post before all of this happened. I feel like I'm reading my own blog when I visit yours right now! So glad that sweet Presley is better. Henry is finally out of the PICU (yesterday) and on the mend. All the best,
Kara
http://threelittlekings.blogspot.com
Post a Comment