But, despite the fact that she now rolls her eyes,
and seems a bit more sassy,
some things haven't changed a bit.
One being her very unique,
as well as 'specific' way of dressing...
She won't wear Capri's or 3/4 length sleeves,
apparently she thinks a garment should make a choice,
it is either long,
or it is short,
she doesn't believe in 'in-between'.
She can't stand jeans,
seriously??!!
WHO could hate jeans?
She won't wear shorts without a fuss,
she is picky about socks,
the straps on dresses,
her panties and her shoes.
It makes me CRAZY!!!
She just basically,
has a very definite opinion
about EVERYTHING she wears!!
And that wouldn't be such a bad thing,
if every 'opinion' she had,
wasn't the exact opposite of mine!!
So needless to say,
Mikah and I constantly disagree on what she will wear.
And Mike is constantly telling me to, 'just give it a break and let her wear whatever she wants',
(which secretly makes me hope Jett grows up to hate football, and begs to play tennis...
so that I can return the sentiment... "Honey, just give it a break, let him play what he wants" )
So, shortly after the school year began,
I made the decision to allow Mikah one day a week to wear whatever she wanted.
The deal was,
every Wednesday she could dress herself,
from head to toe,
and I couldn't say a word. (gulp!)
It went well,
but we still argued on the other days.
THEREfor,
the new year brings a new and wiser ME,
(really this just translates to 'the same, only more tired, ME')
From this day forward,
every day,
my lovely daughter,
will be able to express herself,
in any way she pleases through her attire.
And I will rejoice in the fact that I have
an independent,
strong willed,
creative,
free spirited,
and unique daughter!
When I look at it this way,
I have to wonder why I made such a fuss in the first place??!?!?!
Shine on my little love...You wear your animal print scarf,with your pink polka dot tights,under your frilly turquoise skirt,and your lovely gold metallic, rhinestone heels,and lavender cat eye glasses...SHINE ON!











No comments:
Post a Comment