Guess it is time to play 'catch up'
for both posting here,
as well as checking in on all of my blog land friends!
First, I will catch up on the butterfly,
ya know... she is mostly to blame for my being too busy to post lately!
I swear, trying to keep up with her has made my head spin!
If she isn't spending time with one of her boyfriends...

she's out at the ranch riding those horses...


or dancing at those toddler night clubs...

And she is still diligent about practicing for Cirque De Solei, she seems certain they will give her a chance...

Seriously tho,
what can I say about Miss P?
Besides the obvious that is...
That every day I tell myself there is no way I could love her more,
and then I'll be damned if the next day I manage to!!
We have decided to stop our therapies with ECI and go with Our Children's House at Baylor.
ECI has been wonderful with Presley,
but she seems as if she is a sponge right now, and I really want her therapies to be more aggressive.
She has had all her evaluations with Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies, and we are going twice a week for each.
After a year of combat crawling, the little Miss has decided to crawl correctly on all fours. She is up and down the couch and chair's, crazy busy and all over the place, and into everything, ugh!
She is walking when you hold her hands and help her along the couch. I dare say, I think this little one may be walking soon!!
She is great at imitating, so we can get her to say most things if we say it over and over,
but she independently uses some words like, 'Thank you, Night Night' and other simple words and phrases. She can also say 'Popi' like a pro, which delights my Father, she says 'Gika' (Mikah), 'Ett' (Jett), 'pretty' and like every toddler she loves the 'UH-OH!' game, where she drops something and says 'Uh-oh', amazingly I never get tired of it.
She does have a temper when it comes to her dislikes.
Mostly she just shows this by yelling at you,
but she has learned to hit in the face and push, if she doesn't like what you are doing, Jett is the one who has seen this side of her the most!
(And no! Ds or not, she doesn't get away with that behaviour without being disiplined)
Mikah and her are still besties. Presley lights up when Mikah walks in the room, they both adore one another,
It is so funny to hear and watch Presley crawl around the house yelling 'GIKA!'
Each day my heart melts a little when I watch the two of them together.
And I can't mention her 'lighting up', without mentioning Presley's 'Lel la' , aka Joella.
Joella has been in our life since moving here and she is the only person, outside of family, that has been entrusted with the care of our children.
We all love her,
but Presley and her have a very special bond, and you can see it whenever they are together.
Pres still gives the best hugs, seriously, your feelin' pretty special when you get a hug from my girl, she puts those arms around your neck and squeezes so tight,
I just love her hugs!!
She blows kisses at everyone she sees, literally, EVERYONE she sees!! And as always, we can't go anywhere without her capturing the attention of just about everyone we come across.
I think that might be one of the things I treasure most about this little love of mine...
She is so precious and loving, she is constantly saying 'Hi' and smiling at everyone she sees.
In the beginning, like most people who discover their child has Ds,
I worried that people would be cruel to Presley,
I am happy to say we have never, not once, came across anyone unkind.
Actually it is just the opposite, at least at this time in her life,
when most people see Presley,
they almost always stop and want to talk,
or tell me how blessed I am,
how precious she is,
or if nothing else...
they just stop to blow kisses back at her!
It is the blessing of Presley in my life that continually allows me to see humility and humanity each and every day, even with the most unexpected people.
It is so neat to see people at their best,
and luckily, thus far, that is all I have seen from people when it comes to Presley.
I am disappointed that I don't have more pics of my girl,
unfortunately, I have been slacking in that area too.
But I am back in the groove of things, so I will be posting more soon.
As well as video's...
cuz this little stinker just cracks us up around here!
Now if you'll excuse me, I must go check on all of you while a have a moment to spare!!
Actually, it is Jett taking riding lessons, the lady who teaches them would prefer for her kiddos to be 3 before starting, but she atleast took Pres for a spin... and I can't wait till February when she can saddle up herself!!

I was so tickled that I got a good picture of this, a pretty rare sight...
not only was this dog enjoying an afternoon nap, so was the horse!

She loves therapy, and of course, they love her!




11 comments:
Oh, how I have missed the little Butterfly and you too!! But kudos to you for spending time with your family instead of addicted to the computer like the rest of us!! Glad things are going so well with Presley. She sounds just like Ella right now. A little sponge picking up new things everyday. Love you guys!!
Although we had our little catch up phone call,reading about Presley and seeing her in pictures,makes my heart happy.I love her pigtails and her cute boots.I love her horsey pictures and her therapy picture ... I just love her.Period.I rejoice in the P of today.To see her flourish and blossom from her fragile beginnings,is a true miracle.I sure hope you were serious about finding your way out here in the spring.I NEED to see you guys.I really do.
I took Zoey to the store today.Put her in the cart and she proceeded to smile and wave to every single,solitary person she saw ... no joke.I just rolled her along and was in awe of the joy she emits,to all that takes the time to see it.
Love you friend.
So happy to see you back, have missed you guys. How wonderful to see what she has been up, what a young lady. Gosh how fast they suddenly grow. It's amazing but Saira seems to be at the very same point as presley, i.e. after army crawling like forever she is crawling properly now, she walks supported gets up on the sofa and man yes she slaps as well, but then she also gives the most amazing hugs.
I loved the pictures, her hair all tied back with her lovely boots...oh she is adorable. Hugs to your little butterfly who seems to be blossoming more and more.
Have been missing you all so glad you are back
I have missed you guys too. WOW she has been one busy girl. LOVE, love, love that she crawls around and calls for Mikah (one of my favorite things Alayna does when Aidan is gone to school, she goes in search for him calling him all the while).
Keep up the great work Presley we love seeing what a big girl you are becoming.
Great news her development is going by such leaps and bounds! Love the horse picture!
DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN!!! It's weird not having you around. I couldn't even call and harass you because you # is in my dead cell phone!
So please send me an email with it again!!
Miss P is amazing!! she is just exploding in all areas! I love it!
Loved all the photos and thanks for catching us up!!!
Love and hugs!!!
I asked Carman about you just the other day. Have to admit that I was getting a little worried, but told myself that you were busy with THREE kids and all their activities!! I only had two, but I do remember those days. Glad you all are doing so well.
So good to see Presley's face! Missed your blog posts!
wow. i was just thinking about you guys the other day and wondering how all of you were. presley is doing amazing and gotten so big.
and i think you will be happy with och. i know we have been thrilled with the one by us. i can't wait to see presley up and walking around.
Loved reading about Miss Presley and her adventures! I haven't updated in months... the life of a mommy - right?!
Post a Comment