Sunday, November 23, 2008

Mikah's first date...

Yes, it is true, Mikah went on her first date, albeit with her Daddy!!
We decided recently to start a, 'one on one special day/date with Daddy', once a month, for each of the kiddo's. Today was Mikah's 1st 'special day' with Daddy and they went to see Madagascar. I was so excited for her to see a movie in a real movie theater setting, as she LOVES movies. I'm a little sad that I missed this first with her, but at the same time, so tickled she had a special day with her favorite guy...



9 comments:

Jeanette said...

We do this with Ant as well. He loves him "dates". We make sure that he has them with each of us. As a matter of fact, we are planning a mom-and-me-date this coming week to see a movie too.

Sophie Belle's Mom said...

Awww, what a great idea! There's just nothing quite like what a good Daddy means to a little girl.

It may be a movie, or even a good, snuggling nap in the recliner - but those moments teach life lessons for a little girl about how important and valuable she is - I mean, she must be if a big, strong Daddy is making special time just for her! :)

My name is Sarah said...

Very sweet. I still love going on dates with my daddy too.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Too cute! I love the hat, and the whole outfit that Mikah has on. Did you make the hat? Miss you guys! Lauren was asking about your guys on Friday, and was missing the kids! She was asking where baby Pres. was. Call this week! Need to catch up.
Amy

Heather said...

Hi my friend.... love the pictures and the video with Jett on the phone.Presley looks so darling and .... did I spy a certain someone "hanging" from the bottom of you television?You are too sweet.I tried calling you yesterday to share the news ... check out the blog if you haven't already.Talk to you soon.

Rachael and Chris said...

What an absolutely perfect idea! And I love how precious Mikah looks for her date...that hat is too cute!

Sue said...

She is too cute all dressed up for her date!

Cheri said...

all dressed up and ready for her "date". Too cute! Great idea...the kids will treasure those moments! :)

All 4 My Gals said...

So sweet! We tried to do one on one time with regularity and rotation as well...dang, I forgot all about it. Thanks for reminding me. LOL
PS We had almost that exact same dress, without the flower. :)

Blog Archive