Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunny smiles!

Someone in the skies must of heard me complaining about the weather! And apparently, that 'someone' likes me, and wanted to turn my winter blues into sunny smiles!

It has been so lovely lately, and I just love lovely!

The sun has been shining, the weather has been warm, well... at least warm enough to be outside and enjoy.
And as promised, the TV is off, and we're swinging and playing,
dancing and eating,
and we're doing it all outside!!

And knowing just how fleeting this delightful time is, as we go from 'too cold' to 'too hot' entirely too fast, I am finding that sitting in front of the computer is the last thing I want to do. I have a feeling sporadic and long gaps between posts may just become the norm for a while. But sometimes life demands you spend more time 'living it' rather than writing about it, wouldn't you agree?!?

And this week is Spring Break and Daddy gets to savor the days along side us, how yummy is that?!

Speaking of yummy, how scrumptious does my littlest love look these days? She is just so...
toddler-ish,I adore it!






Sad news across the wire, Jett's beloved fish Bruce died last week. I wish I could say Jett was broken up about it, but I think he rather enjoyed the time to actually play, touch and feel him, in ways he never could when he was alive. BoyZ!!
(For the record, he did at least say "Poor Bruce. Poor, poor Bruce." .....about 100 times)


And, as the circle of life would have it, only hours prior to Bruce's death, we had just brought a new addition to our family home,
Meet Edgar...
(To which Jett said, very loudly, "Welcome to your new home Edgar!!!" .....ALSO about a 100 times!)



Before the lovely weather made it's way here, we were still making the best of our time inside..


GIDDY UP! And have a sunny day!

11 comments:

my family said...

We are having great weather too, so I blog some at night even though I should be cleaning lol. Well enjoy your newest addition to the family. Great photos of little Miss. how do you get them to show up so big

Stephanie said...

I wish our weather was lovely. That's one of my most favorite words...lovely. But it's yucky here.Love the pics, ROTFL, at Miss P with the brush.
Sorry about Bruce... good luck Edgar

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

I hope the weather is awesome for your spring break this week!!! love all of the pictures, but especially the pictures of presley brushing her own hair, too cute :)

Denise said...

What great pics those are!! And you are right, Presley definitely looks more and more toddlerish. Enjoy the perfect weather as I remember very well those TX summers!! Although I would still suffer it to live in TX :)

Cheri said...

Loooved the pictures of Presley combing her hair!!! Too cute! Glad you had great weather...funny because some Texas friends posted about the weather on facebook, apparently you guys desperately were in need of some warmth and fun sunny days!!!

Lacey said...

Its supposed to get up to 60 tomorrow here, wahoo! I'm so done with winter. I love the pics where she is combing her hair, she's all girl!

Emily said...

Darling pics! I can actually smile today... it's SUNNY out! Wahoo!

Kelly said...

Love the pics....still waiting for our sunny days(hopefully this weekend, so they say)! Presley is just too cute:) And, combing her own hair...sigh....LOVE IT!! Enjoy the sun:)

Rachael and Chris said...

Love the turtle and all your cute kiddos. We've been having lovely weather down in Austin, too, and enjoying it as much as we can. I understand the blogging break, but don't go toooooo long! :)

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome pictures and the one of your dog looking at the camera is priceless...your right Presley does look so toddlerish! All the kiddos look great and I know what you mean about this weather! Morgan and I have been spending evenings at the park...


Denise

sheree said...

oh my goodness! That picture of Jett with Bruce had me lol'ing!

Blog Archive