Friday, September 12, 2008

What were we thinkin'?!?!!?

First off...thank you all so much for checking in! It pleases me so much to know many of you come by daily to see what is up with our fam!!

In case any of you have ever wondered...Mike and I were very conscious in our decision to have three children and to have them so close in age. All three of my pregnancies were planned and everyone close to us thought we were crazy. To those friends and family, I would just like to say... 'WHY DID YOU LET US DO IT?!?!?!'
Seriously, I don't know what the #&@* we were thinkin'?!?! OMG!! This is the hardest thing I have ever done! I would love to sugar coat this past 10 days of Presley being home but the reality of it is... it has been the hardest 10 days of my life! Actually, it would be more accurate to say it has been the hardest 240 hours of my life because I can't seem to decipher days as of late. The fact is, it has been one long day since Presley came home. I haven't slept for more than a 3 hour stretch since her arrival! LOL! She sleeps beautifully but she is fed every 3 hours. Granted it takes all of 5 minutes to get up and put the formula in her g tube, but still, that interruption in sleep is no fun. Don't get me wrong, Pres is the EASY one! Where exactly do toddlers get their energy from?!? And why do they always want to cry in unison?!?
Furthermore, the fact that Mike is completely MIA because of football season, doesn't help. What does help, however, is the unbelievably amazing people that we are so blessed to have in our lives! We could never thank them all appropriately. They know who they are, they have been here for my family. Mike and I are blown away by their kindness and presence in our life during this time. I know I couldn't do it without them. (I love you all so very much!!)
Where as, it is very chaotic, and will probably continue to be for a while, it is wonderful to have Presley home. She is definitely enjoying the mayhem that this household brings. Sometimes I look over at her when Mikah and Jett are acting like complete banshees and she has the biggest smile on her face. Yeah, she finds it alot more funny than I do...LOL!
Mikah and Jett are MADLY in love with Pres. Jett, literally kisses her 2 dozen times a day and always makes sure that the baby doll that Noni brought her, is in her swing with her. Gosh, I love that boy!! Mikah constantly wants to dance and sing for her and love on her. And every morning when I go to Mikah's room, it is always the first thing she asks, "Where is Presley?" I say 'in her bed' and she runs to my room to greet her. It is the sweetest thing.
Not much to report medically. Presley seems to be doing very well and is good natured, sleeps well and loves all the attention she is getting!! She has 3 follow up doctor visits in the next two weeks and hopefully will be starting therapy in the next few weeks as well. I will have more to report after all that is done and initiated.
I wish I had better pictures to post but I just haven't had the time to take that many, I promise to do better.
I am sure in time it won't seem as overwhelming and I will be able to master a bit more. I think I just need to accept that the 'me' time is going to be nonexistent for a while. Mike called me the other day while getting his hair cut and I started crying and said... 'Do you know what I would give to be able to go get my hair cut?!?!?' LOL!









17 comments:

All 4 My Gals said...

I can't help but laugh. I have always said going from 2 to 3 is harder than going from 3 to 4. Once you're outnumbered and simply can't meet everyone's needs, it's just all over with. LOL So go ahead, have another!

Seriously though, I will be praying that you get some sleep, find some peace and are able to take care of yourself a little bit too.

I love you honey!

All 4 My Gals said...

PS Please give your sis carte blanche to comment on ALL my posts. :-)

Sue said...

Bless your sweet heart!!! I KNOW what it's like to have a coach for a husband so you tell him that your friend from Alabama said he better be taking care of mama. I loved the picture of Jett with milk on the tray....that's totally what it's like I'm sure. Enjoy it...they grow up fast.

Cheri said...

Aaaagghhhh...those are such sweet pictures!!!! I hope things start getting into a groove for you and you have a few quiet moments to rejuvenate. Enjoy the beautiful chaos!!

Heather said...

Alright girl,first,the pictures are fabulous.I loved them all.Second,what were you thinking?You were thinking that this world needed some more beautiful souls ..... these beautiful souls!Your beautiful children!Third,it will all be FINE.Everything will be just FINE!Promise.Have I steered you wrong yet?Look for the package on Wednesday.Might be a little like Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Your children are beautiful!!!, what a blessing ~. Kele, you are a wonderful mother, doing a great job !!!. Lovely pictures!!!. Continue to celebrate your amazing journey :D

Anonymous said...

Oh I know, I know!! When I look back to when my 5 were little it was all mind numbing...some of it was just a blur. I think now that I wish I had taken time to enjoy it more along the way but how can you when you are stretched in every way (and my husband was a football coach too so I totally understand). The good news from this side of motherhood is that we survieved and it was worth every minute. Couse my youngest is 27 and he behaves much better now, well most of the time they all do!! (:
Take care of yourself.

Tammy and Parker said...

Your family is adorable. And before you know it, 'chaos' will become your new normal and you'll wonder if it was ever really any other way. :D

Try and enjoy this time as much as you can though, it over oh, so quickly.

You are doing a tremendous job!

Reagan Leigh said...

Everyone I know that chooses to have a third experiences this same shocking reaction...What were we thinking?!?!? I don't know what it is about going from 2 to 3, but it's a huge change apparently. I have a hard enough time with one, so my hat definitely goes off to you! Hang in there...it's going to get easier and easier!! Take care,
Tera

Jeanette said...

Oh dear. Toddlers are full of boundless energy. The good news is that Presley will learn so much from all of that energy! My four year old bounces off of the walls everyday. When Syd first got home, Ant couldn't stop kissing her either. Thanks for the flashback. It was good to see the post. I laughed at the haircut comment. I said that same thing to my hubby!

Sophie Belle's Mom said...

I am so in love with the curls your girls have! Can't wait to watch as Presley's hair grows even longer like her big sister's. I just adore the natural ringlets... some of us spend a lot of time (and product) creating curls like that... only to have them fall in the Texas humidity. :)

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

Those are great pictures! I'm glad things are going well for Presley. I was wondering, assuming no unforseen complications, are her heart troubles fixed. I watched a couple little girls with Down syndrome that had heart problems and once they had the surgery the heart wasn't really a concern. Obviously they had dr. appts and what not. Anyway, I don't know much about it because Peanut did not have heart problems.

Before much longer you will have your routine down and things will be going more smoothly. From one football widow to another I FEEL FOR YOU!!!! Make Mike watch the kids so you can get a haircut, or better yet a pedicure. You deserve it!

((HUGS!!))

Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures!!! Your kids are happy and loved and no one can ask for more than that. I can't imagine what having three small kiddo's is like, plus having a husband that MIA during football season. It makes me tired thinking of all you have to do on your own. Your doing a wonderful job, you can see it in your kids faces!! Keep it up. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Kele-- Hip Hip Hooray X3! Three cheers for the football widow! I feel your pain sister. I cant help but chuckle!

So glad to read your update on your precious little trio! I love the picture of Jett and his spilled milk. Reminds me of Kamden...something is always getting spilled or being tossed for a touchdown pass across the table! lol

It makes me smile to know that all is well health wise. With time you will have managing those three down to an art. you are so organized it wont be a problem for you.

I will be praying for you to be able to get some sleep and some "you" time. Take care and tell Mike you are headed to the SPA! lol

Enjoy the moments...before long the will all be off to school!

Hang in there...Kourtney Poteet :)

Anonymous said...

Kele - I feel your pain, but I am telling you it is #3 baby that breaks you. Trust me - we just had #7! I remember crying for days on end when my third was born!! And I too can relate to the football widow - my husband is a referee - once August hits I say "Goodbye - see you in December!" Just do what you can and try to enjoy all the craziness - remember "this too shall pass.." They'll be grown before you know it!! Take care and God bless you and your beautiful family - Maureen

Amy Flege said...

You know, it doesnt matter how close or far apart your kids are in age when it comes to the craziness. I remember it all too well and totally understand! Hang in there, it will get better!!! Sometimes you just have to stop and think about your self!!!!
hugs!

Pam said...

Have I ever mentioned how absoutley beautiful your kids are?

Well if not, know that they are!!

((HUGS!!))

Blog Archive