Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Breaking my promise

I promised myself that the next picture I posted of the butterfly was going to be one of a smiling and tubeless face.
However, after today's visit I felt differently.

My wonder love is doing her best to wake up and get the hell out of dodge.

I have to say it was a battle of emotions to stare into the eyes of my littlest love.
Happy and excited to see them open for the first time in 2 and a half weeks,
yet sad to not be able to explain her discomfort and restraints.

Mommy's are supposed to come to your rescue.
Not being that savior you promise to always be, is heart wrenching and too difficult to put in to words.

If your a mommy I don't need to, you get it.

I don't want this to be a sad post,
nor one filled with medical mumbo jumbo.
So, just know that my sugar love is holding her own,
and is going to make her way home very, very soon.

She is lucky to have so many people praying for her.
I am always amazed by the out pouring of prayers and well wishes, it literally blows me away.
'Thank you' doesn't seem nearly sufficient enough...

But none the less,
Thank you.

27 comments:

Denise said...

What a wonderful picture. Brings tears to my eyes. I am so happy to see her with her eyes open, I can't even tell you. So glad to hear that things continue to improve. I have no doubt that the next picture will be well on her way to tubeless. Loving you guys all the way from CA!!

Heather said...

Oh Kele.This picture is absolutely breathtaking.The depth of your love as well as Presley's, needs no words.This photo speaks volumes.


Much love to you all and the precious butterfl

Kelli said...

What a beautiful picture despite tubes and the like...I am continuing to pray for you and your lil' girl...HUGS.

Kelly said...

BEAUTIFUL photo, Kele!! That is one AMAZING little butterfly you have there. I am so happy that things are continuing to improve, even if it's not at the speed you had hoped for. Stay strong my friend, you will all be home "together" soon!

To Love Endlessly said...

LOVE this picture! She looks beautiful. We continue to pray for your sweet girl.

Cheryl said...

The love you have for Presley just pours out of that picture.
Love you sweet lady.Praying for strength for the both of you.

Adrienne said...

The picture brings tears to my eyes. Your sweet Presley is in my prayers for a quick recovery. Hold on little girl, be strong, God is with you always.

Rochelle said...

We are praying for that sweet Presley. We can't wait for the tube free pics.

Lacey said...

I love the picture! And I love those little eyes. I so remember not being able to hold and comfort Jax for 4 long months. Ugh, I knew she would start getting better soon. Keep it up little love!

Sweet Pea's Mommy said...

I adore that photo! So touching!!!!de

My name is Sarah said...

Hugs to all of you.

Bulldogma said...

So nice to see those beautiful little eyes open and looking at you with adoration!

Cammie Heflin said...

This is a beautiful picture, she looks wonderful, love to Presley.

Runningmama said...

Oh, what a beautiful picture! I can't wait till you get to bring her home.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kele, the photo is breathtaking.....sitting here with tears rolling down my cheeks and just staring at the picture.... Those sweet innocent eyes and that tongue sticking out. This is one time you love to see that tongue... Finally the little butterfly has come out of her cocoon and almost ready to fly again...GOD is so good, Thank you Jesus for healing this baby girl. I have been in a funk since she has been sick and my heart has ached to hold her , get those hugs and kisses from her and even miss her loud noises she makes at me when I’m too slow with getting her something to eat. Cant wait for my turn to sit with her and love on her. It has almost been a month for me. Prayer for the butterfly and for momma and daddy to have the strength to balance the schedule of staying with the baby girl at the hospital and the other two sweet lil ones at home.

Emily said...

What a sweet and touching picture. Much love to you always...

Stephanie said...

Kele, I can't even find words to describe that photo. It's pure love...

joella said...

That post Anonymous is from me, forgot how to do it. Been so long since I commented.
Luv
Joella

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

i am SO happy to hear that she is holding her own, has opened her eyes, and that you have the feeling that she WILL be home with you guys ASAP!!! anne, whitney and i went for a walk today and you guys were on my mind - i said some prayers on our walk and then we prayed tonight with the girls for all of you and especially presley- hoping she makes it home soon!!!

Mary said...

Praying she recovers soon!

Tina said...

I can't agree more with everyone, that picture deserves an award...for love is just pouring out of it, a mother's for her child and vice versa.

I am so so so happy to see her eyes open, it might not be the one ypou were expecting without tubes etc. but it still is one full of hope.

Kele I continue to pray for your strength and for the little butterfly to fly home soon, smiling. We all love your little girl very much and can't bear to see her sick, so don't even thank us for the prayers, they continue as they would for our own children.

my family said...

priceless picture, you can see the love and brings tears to my eyes with so much emotion. I am so glad to hear things are improving.
{hugs}

Gabriela said...

Without words in english, but with you in my heart an in my thoughts.
Gabriela from swizerland

Mama Mason-Mann said...

The picture is amazing! Thanks for deciding to share it with us!

Anonymous said...

Kele--Such an amazing picture. As I set and adore it my heart aches for you. The way she is looking at you, as to comfort you, just takes my breath away.

Praying for Precious Presley and the rest of the Giles family.

Sending lots of love from Oklahoma.

Rachael and Chris said...

Oh, that photo took my breath away. Can't wait to see the next picture at home.

Lori said...

What a beautiful sight it is to see Miss Presley's eyes! What a beautiful photo of you two.
Still praying that you all get to go home soon!!

Blog Archive