Monday, December 7, 2009

Announcement about Pres...

It is official, She's a Toddler!!
Yup! The sweet, 'very delayed', little girl I brought home from the hospital a year ago, after her 7 month stay there, is finally 'catching up'!
She eats like a champ! The other evening, at a friends house for dinner, a couple other Mommies were amazed as she ate about as much of the chicken enchilada's as her Daddy! She drinks from a sippy cup, and I am tickled to say, as of last week, the only thing that goes through her g tube is 6 oz of water in the morning, come late spring (after cudie season) she will have her g tube pulled... just in time for summer and bikinis, lol!
She is getting around the house, and I mean ALL over, if the kids are in their bedrooms and Pres is in the living room, she will crawl the entire length of the house to join them. She isn't pulling up yet, but she is bearing weight on her legs when you help her stand... which is HUGE, for the longest time she would tuck her legs up any time you tried to stand her up. She says 'Mama' appropriately and jabbers up a storm, seriously, if this kid ends up talking as much as she jabbers, I will definitely go out of my mind one day!
She plays pat a cake, peek a boo, and is just generally playing like a toddler, all the rattles and chew toys were recently put away, making room for the puzzles and big girl toys that are replacing them.
And to make the 'toddler' announcement truly official and bona fide?? She gets into EVERYTHING, all the little knick knacks around the house, the wall plugs and, now, the Christmas ornaments on the tree, we are having to take out the baby gates that we haven't used in forever!
So it may have taken 21 months of age to get to some of the places typical children only take 9 months to a year to get to, but we don't count months or compare in this house, we just take it as it comes, and HERE.IT.COMES, sigh!


Big girl standing...
Sits so pretty and straight...
Feeding herself...



Big girl and her sippy cup...Playing with big brother...
Playing with sister and Chloe...
In trouble for getting into Mommy's antique books and pill boxes...
Can you see why she doesn't stay in trouble for long?
Just too stinkin' precious to scold!
As I look through these pictures I realize an admission is in order: Yup, we dont get out of our PJ's much around here! lol!

17 comments:

Denise said...

Uh...she has definitely caught up with her Ds friends and that is all that matters!! We don't even think about the typical chart. The only thing Ella is doing that Presley isn't is pulling up on things. But she is cruising yet. But Presley has surpassed Ella in eating and drinking...way to go!!! And they are both the same in that they get in to EVERYTHING!!! SOOO happy to see some pics of that cute little girl!

Stephanie said...

stinkin' title scared me!!!!
Now that my heart is beating regularly again! YEAH PRESLEY!!!!!
A sippy and saying MAMA, I'm totally jealous! Emmie still has no clue who the heck or what the heck a Mama is. She just laughs at me.
Miss p is stuffing her face like a champ!!!!! I'm proud of you sweet pea!!!

Cheryl said...

I LOVE hearing that Presley is doing so good!!!Sooooo exciting that she is eating and drinking from her cup!Maybe she could give Ruby some tips:) I can't wait to see her in her bikini;)Way to go Miss Presley!We are so proud of you!

Emily said...

Yippee sweet P! Aren't these milestones so wonderful!? LOVE 'em! She is a doll... I could never be mad at her either!

Other Such Shelby said...

She's is such a cutie - I'm with Emily: no way I could stay upset with that face, either!

(And you're not the only house that lounges in pajamas. You just have more kids around to justify it!)

Cammie Heflin said...

She is doing awesome! Addy didn't start crawling until she was 34 months old and she's pulling up sorta! Addy's little twin is so precious! I just wish Addy would figure out eating!

Aunt Kim said...

oh joy! tell presley thank you for my christmas gift!!!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Oh my gosh I havent been by in too long! She is growing up! She looks so good!

And by the way, please don't take offense, I think it's my days working in the PICU, but be careful with those little pill boxes. They look tiny enough to get choked on.

Good "seeing" you all again!

Tina said...

So excited reading about Presley and all the amazing things she is doing, must make you so so happy, I know how I feel everytime Saira does just a little something new. Such lovely lovely pictures, she is so pretty and I just LOVE her smile. Btw its fantastic how well she is doing with her eating and her sitting and her standing, gosh she has suddenly raced through the different milestones!! I'm still too scared to give Saira anything to eat that isn't pureed to a paste, don't even know how to start!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

your family is just beautiful and presley is an absolute doll!!!! :) glad you found us! :)

Cheri said...

I LOVED this post......she is doing AMAZING!!!! Welcome to toddlerhood Presley, so much fun to be had!!! I'm all for jammies 24/7....she looks just adorable!

Katie Kilcoyne said...

Great update! She is so precious.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Kele! I'm so glad to see how well Presley is doing!! I just knew she'd get here! It's hard to "see" it in the beginning with all those tubes and wires but when our little angels blossom it is sooo AWESOME to see!! I thank GOD daily for bringing Morgan into my life and that little stinker is about to be four!! Big Hugs and Kisses to Presley for graduating to TODDLER! Good luck! It's been the best ride of my life so far!

Denise

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of her! She is doing awesome!! Look at her eat...what a champ! She has come a long way and found an amazing battle. Way to go sweet princess!

My name is Sarah said...

Look how cute. She is getting so big.

Stephanie Hunter said...

She is a beautiful little girl!!! God certainly blessed her with a wonderful family!

Brenda Brown said...

She is so precious!!! Well they all are. Hope your family has a very Merry Christmas.

Blog Archive