Monday, October 12, 2009

Family & Friends...

We recently went 'home' for my niece, Devlin's, 3rd birthday. The last three years we have tried to stay several days when doing this, so I can take advantage of visiting with my 3 best girlfriends, of 2o plus years, as well as all the family I miss being around all year.
We had such a good time, we always do when staying with my sister, Mikah and Jett love playing with Devlin, and their Aunt Kristy and Uncle Jason are always so good to us!! I always love seeing my Grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins, my fondest memories of childhood are wrapped around these people, however, things are always so hectic, it never seems to be enough time to really 'visit'.
Of course, it goes without saying that I love my time with my girlfriends, there is nothing like your old high school friends... we don't see each other but maybe once or twice a year, but within 5 minutes, we find ourselves sitting Indian style, across from one another on the couch, saying, "Okay, last time we talked you were dealing with 'this or that', where ya at with all that?" Nothing like the 'realness' of life long friends. Nothing like feeling as if we at least somewhat know where each new wrinkle on our face has derived from, we have been there through most of it with one another. I wanted desperately to get pics with each of them this time, but in the midst of gorging on sushi, gossiping and giggling, Kim and I forgot, Carie and I managed to get a shot in, and my last BFF Val, our sleep over at her house was scheduled for the last night and we had to cut our trip a day short due to J boy getting strep again!! The only positive thing about that was, missing out on that time with Val and her family upset me enough to forgo the pediatrician and get him straight to the ENT the first day back and plead for immediate tonsil removal (which was granted... THANK GOODNESS!)
Much love to all of you back home!!!

The beautiful Birthday STAR herself... Aunt Kristy, Devlin and Uncle Jason... Popi, Presley and Great Grandma... Most of the GREAT grandkids with Great Grandma (I am just in there to hold the butterfly!) Aunt Patsy- my mom's sister, Aunt Mary-Unlce Vinc's wife, and Mom...
Uncle Vinc - my mom's brother (seriously, isn't he one good lookin' italian man?!) Having fun with Cousin Devlin...





Popi and two of his favorite little ladies (and he's gotta-lotta ladies in his life) Noni, Aunt Kim, Popi, Mikah and Devlin... Aunt Kim and Presley... Mommy feeding yummy stuff to the butterfly... Being silly with Aunt Kim...Have you ever seen a prettier princess?????
My favorite little pumkin... BFF Carie and I... (Did I say we have wrinkles? I think we make 40 somethin' look good!)

8 comments:

Cammie Heflin said...

Looks like you had so much fun! I did not see any wrinkles!

Denise said...

You are not 40 something!! Seriously!! I thought you were way younger than me. Anyway...so good to see pics of that precious Presley. What a fun trip it looks like you had. Where is "home"? I too, have my 3 bestest friends from high school. Two of which are now there in TX with you. Don't you think I just need to be there??? Miss you guys. Give hugs to the butterfly.

Heather said...

Sounds and looks as if you had a wonderful time,minus the strep I mean!Your family is gorgeous.Your friend and you are gorgeous and the butterfly ... definitely getting more gorgeous with each passing day.Love to you all.

Tina said...

Beautiful mommies, beautiful children. Presley sure is a pretty princess, has she grown? Certainly looks bigger. Family get-togethers are always such fun.
Love the pictures everyone looks like they are having such a blast.

Stephanie said...

Ok, you got some good blackmail picture in there. What was that the underwear club? Then a bubble, how cute. Those children are gorgeous! The Mommies are cute too! Looked like a great time, nothing absolutely nothing better than family and friends that are like family. Good for the soul!And, you have no wrinkles! Goodness, girl you look like a young chick. All the wrinkles are up north! Love!

sheree said...

you DEFINITELY make 40-something look good!! Smokin'!

Cheri said...

Oh such great photos!!! I know what you mean about the sitting indian style across form each other and catching up with friends who have known you forever, so special!!

Stephanie said...

She is getting so big! You have to be proud of where she has come from!

Blog Archive