Saturday, October 10, 2009

Just cuz it's you Steph!

I realize I have been MIA from the blogging world (crazy busy lately), but I noticed I have been tagged for a post! I never do this stuff, just too busy really, but seeing how it is my sweet and funny (and I mean funny!) friend Steph, I decided to comply!

How I got my children's names:
Mike and I came up with Mikah's name very early on, literally 5 years before she was born. Mike's middle name is Ray so we thought Mikah Rae was a good way to name her after him, which is also why it is spelled with a "K" rather than the typical "C".
Jett was just a name I LOVED, Mike was a bit hesitant, he kept saying "Seriously though, if he is the slow white kid on the football team named Jett, he is really going to be teased!" But I got my way, so let's just hope he doesn't turn out to be slow or I will never hear the end of it! He is also named after Mike, Michael Jett, (seriously, what is up with that?!? Did I do nothing, if not carry these kiddo's for 9 months!)
And lastly, sweet Presley. Jeez, she is just a Presley! Yes, I am madly in love with Elvis Presley (like seriously IN LOVE) but she is not at all named after him. Mike and I just really liked the name, and to throw me a bone, he agreed to 'Ann' as her middle name, as it is also mine! LOL!
So there ya have it... anything for you Steph!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I have been tagged as well.Really must get to that but geez,I have so many children.Will take me forever!!Got your message and we will talk ... soon.love to you and cannot wait to see pictures of the the beauties!

Heather said...

"the the" .what is up with that ... blame it on age I suppose.

Denise said...

What a great idea...I love to hear how people came up with names. Although I don't know that mine would even be much of a story...just liked the names I guess.

Stephanie said...

Anything for me! You mean there were no bleeped out words when you saw you were tagged? I was just really curious where those beautiful names came from. Too funny about Jett. Would be a hoot if he was the slow white boy. I'll pray for speed. I love Mikah and adore the name Rae. See I didn't know her middle name. I never heard the name Presley before, being a Yankee from up north, LOL. I thought it unusual and very pretty, and somehow very fitting for your P. You just look at her and say, "Yup that's a perfect name."
Have a great Sunday!!

Cheri said...

Oh that was so fun to read their name stories. I love all 3 of their names!!! So fun to now be "in the know" how they got them! :)

Carman said...

I feel priveledged to know how your children got their names before you post, but I love the idea of putting it in a post! People always assume ours is a sports reference, but it's not. :-) I wondered if you went through blogging withdrawls while on your trip! So glad you're back; I missed your updates!

Blog Archive