Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Homecoming... WE WON!!

With all the chaos of J boy's birthday I haven't had a chance to post pictures from Mike's homecoming game last Friday! Just Mikah and I went and they won! It has been a great year, this win makes us 7 and 2 and a spot in the play offs... Yippee!! I was able to get a few pictures after the game. The young man in the picture with Mike and Mikah, is Mike's starting quarterback, he is an amazing kid. This is a 'kid' who never missed an opportunity to ask Mike about Presley when she was in the hospital, called Mike after each of her surgeries to check on her, and when I gave him a big bear hug on Friday night the first thing out of his mouth afterward was, "How is your daughter Presley Mrs. Giles?" He amazes me, he has another year with Mike, and if I do nothing before this young man leaves, it will be to seek out his mother and tell her what a wonderful job she has done raising this ever thoughtful son of hers.
Some of the last pics are of the decorated field house, three of the coach's wives went there at some unimaginable hour Friday morning to decorate and leave food and goodies for the guys to start their homecoming day off with! I can't thank them enough for doing this! All of us wives had our kiddo's make signs and posters for the coaches and they took them up there and hung them on their desks, I am so appreciative of their efforts!!
Click images to enlarge


My precious Mikah wearing her homecoming mum, she thought she was such a big girl!

The decorated field house...

The sign the kids and I made for Mike...

The coach's wives (some very lovely ladies) and kiddos...

I have already posted this picture, you say??? Yes, I know, but seriously... isn't she just the most precious thing!!

8 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

What a great night. We love the team and family spirit:)

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. Now that Sarah is finally in bed, I have to tell you a funny story. When we were first looking at your pictures I made the comment that the coach was very good looking. Sarah got furious with me. She got up from the stool we sit on together, stomped her foot and shook her finger at me and said, "Mom, your married." I responded by saying "well he is handsome." Off she stormed to go get John, brought him into the room and said, "tell him." John and I tried to help her understand that it was ok to say that as a nice compliment, but she was having no part of it. Your pictures really are adorable. I'm sure your daughter will remember that night for a long time.

Kele said...

Joyce, what a precious story. I am sure Mike will appreciate the compliment but he will hate that it upset Sarah, lol!
What a cutie, and lucky for John that he has her to look out for him, lol!

Heather said...

Okay,Joyce's story cracked me up!!Mikah is so very darling and yes so is Mike!!

Anonymous said...

That is great you guys get to share that all together! You're all looking fabulous!:)

Rachael and Chris said...

Joyce's story cracked me up, too (and she's right, you're husband is a hottie).
LOVE the pic of Mikah with her homecoming mum-what a doll.

Carman said...

LOL, loved reading the other posts. I have to say it makes me so happy to see that the wives are like one big family. I so miss that feeling. You are so blessed to have that family!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh congrats on the win! I know how hubby was feeling...something about those losses is hard for them.

Oh how cute of the story another poster said...yes your hubby is cute but your whole family is adorable.

What a great story about the young man...so many kids today don't connect with adults. Yes it sounds his mother has done a great job!

Again kudos to you all winning! High school football is the best in my opinion then me some college.

Blog Archive