Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Here are my precious little goblins. Jett is under the weather, yet AGAIN! But seeing as how this seems to be the norm for us, at least until those tonsils come out (hopefully next week), that we just kept his fever down with Tylenol, continued antibiotics and went on as usual.
We trick or treated around the neighborhood, then came back home for some STUPENDOUS pumpkin pie! Mikah's God parents sent her a Halloween gift first of October and part of it was a beautifully illustrated and darling book titled "Miss Fiona's stupendous pumpkin pie" When we first read it Mikah was pretty excited about pie being made out of a pumpkin!! She said "Oh Mommy, I would love to have some pumpkin pie!" We made a ritual of reading the book every night this month, and I told her we would make a pumpkin pie together on Halloween, and eat it after trick or treating, just as they do in the book. We had invited friends over after trick or treating, to join in the book reading and pie eating, but that had to be cancelled due to J'boy being sick. Never the less, we are going to continue this and make it a new tradition in our home, it was loads of fun (even though I don't think they were all that crazy about the taste of the pie once they ate it?!?! Can't figure that one out, pumpkin pie is my favorite!!!)
Click images to enlarge
Halloween 2009...

Too cute to be scary...


TRICK or TREAT...
"Wait for me!!"
Once it got a little chilly, I turned my little butterfly into a little ninja...
Checking out 'the loot'...
Presley wants candy too...
My little monsters...
Making the stupendous pumpkin pie, earlier that day...

EATING the stupendous pumpkin pie, after trick or treating...

12 comments:

Krissy said...

What a great tradition! They look adorable in their costumes and I love the picture of Presley laughing!

Happy Halloween!

Heather said...

First ... oh my gosh ... Presley is sitting???? I had no idea!!Way to go little butterfly!!!Looks like a realy fun celebration.Even the pumpkin pie baking ... great tradition to start but me,would love pumpkin pie if they could only figure out how to mix some chocolate in there!!

Stephanie said...

AWWW,I love the pie story and baking. We are complete pumpkin pie freaks in this house. There are two in my fridge right now. I hope Mikah looked it after all the anticipation.
They all look super in their costumes!
BTW, We had to go to church last night and I put J boy on our special intentions list, I remember you saying he needed his tonsils out, but since he's not feeling great right now it was weird but good timing.So prayers in route to Jett.
Congrats on the win too!!!

Georgia Girl said...

Love traditions! I love the idea of the book and pie...so neat!

All the kids are so cute!

Sorry yours has been sick...Mine has had this flu bug this past week but was happy she was able to perk up this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin pie is my favorite too!! :) What a cute tradition. The kids looked perfect! Hope it was a very happy Halloween. Love you guys!

Aunt Kim said...

she's sitting....i'm crying....and smiling. yea butterfly!!

Tina said...

OMG I see Presley sitting, thats so thrilling, so exciting, perhaps she has been doing it for a while but I probably missed that earlier. Saira started sitting this month too, such a great feeling. I love the pictures of all the kids dressed up and Presley in her ninja cap...too cute. Great job on the pumpkin pie, looks perfect, I'm sure it must have been yumm!

B.Brown said...

So happy to see Presley sitting alone... Looks like ya'll had a wonderful Halloween and Yeah team!

Rachael and Chris said...

I love the new tradition...great idea! And the kiddos in their costumes are too cute. The pic of Presley turned ninja made me laugh out loud.

Sue said...

Your "goblins" are too cute. Sorry J is sick. The pumpkin pie tradition is wonderful.

Denise said...

OMG!! She's sitting up on her own! YAY for Presley!!

Mary said...

SO CUTE!

Blog Archive