Tuesday, November 3, 2009

So grown up...

The other night when Mikah and I pulled into the garage after Mike's Homecoming game, it was just the two of us, and an 'old school' Journey song was on the radio, I reached back and unbuckled her and told her I wanted to finish listening to this song. She proceeded to climb in the front seat, grab my lip gloss out of the console, pull the visor down for the mirror and put it on. After she was well 'glossed', she turned to me and watched me dancing and singing like a fool and joined in. It was such a cool moment and she seemed so grown up to me. I had this 'hopeful' flash into our future... where it is my wish that we can continue to have have silly and fun 'Mommy and daughter' moments like that. I hope she is never 'too cool' to hang with me and be my friend.
I thought this picture went well with this post... we recently cut Mikah's hair, it was doing this funky thing in the back, tight little curls on the underside and long strait stringy pieces over that! Much to her dismay (because according to her 'Princess' have long hair') about 3 inches was cut off and I think she looks adorable, albeit VERY grown up... and beautiful, always beautiful that precious Mikah of mine!

5 comments:

Krissy said...

You certainly have a beautiful little lady on your hands!

Stephanie said...

I love those moments that just "happen". You don't plan them and they are perfect. Love the haircut, she's beautiful. I hope it lasts, that's what I always wish for too.
But Alas, my 12 year old gives me chest pains on a daily basis.

Lacey said...

Oh I so want a little girl. I would love to play with hair and dress up.

Mara said...

I love those moments with Caitlin. they are truly priceless !!!

Rachael and Chris said...

Oh, Kele, she is beyond stunning.

Blog Archive