Dad,What can I say... your most certainly one of the things I am most grateful for in my life. I am able to write this directly to you, rather than a 'post', per say, because I am certain of your devotion to this blog that chronicles some of the lives you love best. I know you very often start your morning looking to see what your precious grand babies have been up to in the last few days.
Growing up, I always remember the stories about my grandfathers, mostly of Grandpa Desalvo, mainly because Mom just talked more about her Dad, but then, Mom just talks more... LOL! But I always remember hearing stories about how amazing he was, how handsome he was, how admired he was, how the whole island seemed to know and love him. When I would hear those stories, it always made me sad that I was so young when he died, and that I never got to know my Mama's beloved Daddy.
I have to tell you, a constant prayer of mine for years, has been that my children will know their Mama's Daddy, and love him for all the reasons that I do.
I am so very, very thankful He is answering my prayers!
I love you Dad.


2 comments:
Loving your thankful posts!
i looked at the picture of you and dad and thought, you know, that could be me. but then i blew up the picture and saw that it wasn't a bald baby and realized sadly, that it couldn't have been me.....
Love,
the only person in this family, going on the second generation now, who has been born without any hair
Post a Comment