Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful from A - Z...

Tahoe! South Lake Tahoe, that is!
Mike and I were blessed to live in that beeeeautiful part of the country for a couple of years. It was breath taking and I am so thankful to have witnessed such beauty. I am also thankful to have lived there, because I learned a huge life lesson in the interim. We basically lived in a cabin in the mountains, our surroundings were beyond gorgeous, the winter snow was lovely, the summer days were divine, but LIFE was still... just LIFE! Sometimes when things feel heavy, when life seems full of chaos, we often think if we could just change our surroundings, all would be better. We think, perhaps all would be better if we just lived in that beautiful house, with the porch all the way around it, in a part of the country where the change of season is so evident, or if we could reside in a lovely old house, by a creek with the sound of rippling water, or better yet, a cabin in the mountains surrounded by the beauty of nature... sounds plausible, but at the end of the day... our life is our life, where ever we are.
It is up to us to make it beautiful, not geography!



U as in U2. Thankful that one band of my era, is still around and still making some awesome sounds!



V I am very thankful for our Volkswagen Passat, the fact that it gets 30 miles to the gallon and is paid for, is a very good reason to be thankful for it!
Yes, Mike, I know... your dying to get out of it!! But seriously, you have to agree that it is something to be thankful for!!

4 comments:

Krissy said...

Where in SLT did you live? I lived there for around five years and only recently moved away from there.

sheree said...

I live about an hour and a half from Tahoe! We'll be going for a short visit next month ;)

Emily said...

You're doing great on your thankfuls!! I have never been to Tahoe... but would love to go someday!

Lacey said...

Tahoe, oh I want a boat so bad. Someday!

Blog Archive