
I am so very thankful for my OBGYN!!
This man could of very well been mentioned in my 'Angel' post,
he delivered all three of my babies and is a wonderful, Godly man.
I was absolutely crazy about him long before Presley was even thought of being conceived,
however, knowing the plan for her in my life, the Lord absolutely knew what He was doing when he made Dr. B my OB.
I have journaled much about the beginning days with Presley,
from the moment I found out,
to the months after her birth,
in doing so, I always knew I wanted to mention Dr. B,
as he was such a huge beam of light for me during that time.
To this day, I have never written anything about him, Who would of thought the letter O would be what finally prompted me to do so, LOL!
The week prior to Presley's unexpected,
and very early arrival,
I had an appointment with a specialist to determine why I was obtaining so much fluid.
It was in this appointment that the words Down syndrome, were first said.
Containing myself while I dressed and tried to get out of that office was extremely difficult,
I was on the brink of coming undone, seriously, I was on the verge of hysteria after that appointment.
I immediately drove to Dr. B's office...
I didn't call a single soul on the drive,
I just drove to him.
At the time I didn't realize why I didn't call anyone,
or why I felt I had to see him,
and talk to him first.
However, almost 2 years later,
I am confident I now know.
When I arrived at Dr. B's office,
I was so visibly upset, the nurses took me straight to his office where he was sitting at his desk.
I was a mess,
sobbing, shaking, he had to sit me down and calm me,
before asking me what happened, what the specialist had said.
As I reiterated to him, the words I had just heard,
I thought I was going to lose it.
My head was spinning and this wonderful man hugged me as I was a sobbing mess,
as I felt as if my world was falling apart.
Because of my distraught nature, I don't remember much of our entire conversation,
but I do remember this...
Having known that Dr. B, himself, had a 19 year old daughter with a mental disability
(not a coincidence if you believe in God),
I asked him....
"If you had a magic wand, would you change her?"
Without hesitation, he looked me in the eyes,
and spoke with stoic certainty,
and said, "Kele, That girl has made me the man that I am today, and she has grown me far more than I have ever grown her".
To have a man,
that I admired so much,
literally adored,
tell me that he gave his special needs daughter the majority of the credit,
as to the person he had become in life ...
spoke volumes to my heart
And as I said,
what I didn't know then, but feel certain I know now...
the reason in which I reached out to no one on that drive to his office,
not my sisters,
not my Mom,
not my best friend,
or even Mike...
I believe, was because I wanted to ask someone first,
someone who I trusted,
and someone I knew would be equipped, by experience,
to answer the question in my head at that moment...
"Will my life ever be wonderful again?"
I held on to his words until a time when I was ready to believe them,
and when I was, I realized he was the first of many people,
who helped me to see what a blessing this child would ultimately be in my life.
I don't need a magic wand to change who she is,
SHE herself is all the magic I will ever need in this life,
a life that is not just still wonderful,
but more wonderful than ever before!
I thought this photo of Presley holding her wand was so perfect for this post!
The little Princess who is 'growing me'...
The little Princess who is 'growing me'...
7 comments:
what a great post, Kele! You are so blessed to have such a wonderful person who you can turn to and who helped you through such a devastating time. ((hugs))
Ok... that brought tears to my eyes! What a beautiful post. I am so glad you had/have such a fantastic person to turn to when you needed it most!
You're killing me!!!! What a wonderful man!!What a blessing to have a doctor like that.
I had thr OB-GYN from Hell! Called me a challenging patient because I asked a lot of questions. Cute!
Love the picture!!!
i love this man.
Great post. What a great doc. I love mine as well. He still asks about Jaxson.
What a beautiful post. Yes our children are what puts the magic into our lives, it is being confirmed to me more and more each day.
You're really lucky to have had such a great OB-GYN the less said about mine the better!!!
P.S. Love Presley with her magic wand in her hand, what a beautiful smile, lights up her whole face and she smiles with her eyes too!
Post a Comment