Friday, August 1, 2008

Sweet morning story...

First let me say, I can't keep a name straight in this house for anything!
I call Mikah, Presley.
I call Gus (our Labrador), Jett.
I call Jett, Gus.
Mike swears Jett is going to grow up barking because I call him Gus so often!!
Anyway, Mikah and I usually wake up before Jett every morning. Once we hear Jett talking, Mikah always wants to be the one to go open his door to greet him.
This morning, as I was making my coffee and Mikah was drinking her milk, we could hear Jett talking, so I said, or thought I said, 'Lets go get Jett'. Mikah gets so excited and says 'I want to, I want to!'. So off we go to Jett's room and Mikah opens the door and turns to me and says, with a big frown on her face, 'Mommy, that's not Presley, that's Jett!'.
Apparently, I had said 'Let's go get Presley!'. My heart broke, Mikah was so excited thinking Presley was home and in that room?!!

Soon baby girl, soon!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sometimes it's easy to forget that these little ones are going through their own stuff. Hard to know what is going on in their heads but know one thing,their hearts hurt and want,just the same as ours,they just can't tell us in words often.More times then not it's their behavior that is the first tip off that stress has found it's way to them. All Mikah knows is that she got a baby sister and she wants her home darn it! Just like the rest of you. Soon is right Mikah and oh what a celebration that will be!

Aunt Kim said...

i think mikah was also thinking, "my mommy is a bit off her rocker!" :)

kele--you will have officially turned into mom when you say "mikjetpregus, whoever you are, come here!!"

Blog Archive