Thursday, August 21, 2008

Little to report on Miss Presley...

There was little to report yesterday in regards to Presley's status. She is doing well in that many of the tubes, IV's and medications are being pulled and discontinued.
Dr. M is this weeks PICU pediatrician, and my favorite of all her PICU doctors. He was being aggressive with her diuretics yesterday, as she was still very swollen.
Not too much change today. Again, a lot of fluid and again, Dr. M is being aggressive where that is concerned.
Dr. C, her cardiologist, just stopped by and said that from a heart stand point, she is doing great. I love hearing the word great.
Presley is little more alert today, but still no shining eyes or big smile.
We just need to get over this next big hurdle, that hurdle being extubation (getting off the ventilator).
Being in congestive heart failure for as long as she was, she also has being a preemie to contend with. Coming off this ventilator is going to be a feat. I know she can do it, Lord knows she has proven time and again how tough she is. Never the less, I will breath a huge sigh of relief when that breathing tube is pulled!!
Not much else to report. She is fluttering along and making us proud, as usual.
Thanks so much for checking in and I will continue to keep you all updated!

No comments:

Blog Archive