Arg, I feel like I need an uplifting post after the last one. I appreciate you guys bearing with me in the times when I may seem a bit on the dramatic side.
Presley has had a good two days. The eye crossing has diminished considerably, so, I am guessing that it is about withdrawls or perhaps her adjusting.
I feel much better about her oxygenation, as the pulmnologist that I had requested come by and assess her, said she looks incredible! He said he studied her chart and when he read all she has been through, he didn't feel like she matched what he had read. He said he is amazed by how well she is doing and how well she looked. I really liked him and he was very funny, when I told him I was an R.T. he laughed and said, 'Oh Lord, that's why you want her off the O2 so badly, just get over yourself, give her the little bit she needs and quit obsessing about it, it will only be for a little while!' Isn't that funny? I love how candid he was and he made me feel much better.
So, on another note, this morning, as I am once again rushing out the door to get to the hospital, I back my suburban into Mike's car! Afterwards, I go into the house and ask for him to come outside. He hates it when I do this, yeah, this is the THIRD time I have done it!!
Mike tends to be of the mind set, that if I am going to crash into another car, I should crash into someone else's car, rather than screw up both of ours...LOL!
Anyhoo, after he comes out and looks at it, sees that I am upset, he just gives me a big bear hug, yup, a hug!
THEN, it gets even better, then he says, 'it is just a stupid car'. Yeah, can you believe it? A man, my man at that, said 'it is just a stupid car.'
Imagine that... I guess Presley is helping all of us put things into their true perspective?!?!
Presley has had a good two days. The eye crossing has diminished considerably, so, I am guessing that it is about withdrawls or perhaps her adjusting.
I feel much better about her oxygenation, as the pulmnologist that I had requested come by and assess her, said she looks incredible! He said he studied her chart and when he read all she has been through, he didn't feel like she matched what he had read. He said he is amazed by how well she is doing and how well she looked. I really liked him and he was very funny, when I told him I was an R.T. he laughed and said, 'Oh Lord, that's why you want her off the O2 so badly, just get over yourself, give her the little bit she needs and quit obsessing about it, it will only be for a little while!' Isn't that funny? I love how candid he was and he made me feel much better.
So, on another note, this morning, as I am once again rushing out the door to get to the hospital, I back my suburban into Mike's car! Afterwards, I go into the house and ask for him to come outside. He hates it when I do this, yeah, this is the THIRD time I have done it!!
Mike tends to be of the mind set, that if I am going to crash into another car, I should crash into someone else's car, rather than screw up both of ours...LOL!
Anyhoo, after he comes out and looks at it, sees that I am upset, he just gives me a big bear hug, yup, a hug!
THEN, it gets even better, then he says, 'it is just a stupid car'. Yeah, can you believe it? A man, my man at that, said 'it is just a stupid car.'
Imagine that... I guess Presley is helping all of us put things into their true perspective?!?!
5 comments:
A new day comes and with it,brand new eyes with which to see it!It's the roller coaster girl.Never liked 'em,never will!A great guy makes all the difference too.That and a really great God that loves us even and most especially on our very worst days!
So glad she's improving more. I agree about the O2 thing. Not that you need to get over yourself, but I just think 0.1 L is something she can battle later when her body is more recovered.
So sweet about your hubby hugging you!
I am so glad you are feeling better today and that Presley is too! You have gone through so much, I wouldn't expect anything else than pure frustration with having to take a step back. But, Presley has come so far. I am glad you got the affirmation and yes... even the hand slapping from the funny pulmnologist. :) And as for backing the suburban up into your husband's car...well, you can tell him how lucky he is that you didn't have the towing hitch engaged with the little metal ball thing at the end to, gulp, pop a perfect circle into the side of his car....umm, story for another time !! :) Glad he gave you a hug and sent you on your way!
What a difference a day makes. As for the car. I laughed so hard I cried. I did the same thing, but to my brother in law's car. I still have the "battle scars" on the bumper to prove it. What a great perspective moment for you though.
Hi Kele, I found you when reading comments @ the Gifts website. Trusting God and taking one day at a time helps me a lot when going through difficult times. Presley is a beautiful baby and her strong spirit will help her recover soon. When it comes to emotions "Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond"
Many Blessings ~
Post a Comment