Thursday, August 7, 2008

Out of surgery & doing well

Again, short & sweet... Presley had her g-tube surgery today. And again, as with the anesthesiologists from her previous two surgeries, Mike and I get the whole conversation from today's anesthesiologist about how, due to her shunt, her heart defect and all the strain that it puts on her little body, that it all makes her a very difficult patient to sedate and ventilate during an operation. Therefore, we should prepare for her to be intubated, (on the ventilator) for a few hours post op. Well, again, as the previous two surgeries, she comes back from the operating room... EXTUBATED (off the ventilator)!
So, I can happily say our baby girl is doing fine, thank you all for asking.
And when, oh when, will these doctors realize what a little fighter this girl is?!

1 comment:

Sue said...

First of all, thank you God for taking care of this precious child through surgery and for what her life is doing to bring glory to your name. Guess you could say I am a blog stalker....I am Amy's mom (writer of the John Mark Stallings blog). She introduced me to your family! I feel that we have much in common. My husband coached high school for 29 years. You have a beautiful family. I know God knew the plans He had for Presley and those plans were for you to be her parents....what an honor!

Blog Archive