Saturday, August 2, 2008

Finally an update about Presley

My apologies for taking so long to post on Presley. It has been a very turbulent few weeks. I know I have mentioned before that Presley has a team of doctors. I understand that this is how it all works, however, at times, too many, is too much! Not to mention their is a revolving team of PICU pediatricians and I meet a new one each week. I get to explain the latest and then get to hear his or hers idea's or new take on it all!! Grrr.
However, with the key doctors/surgeons there has been a slight controversy as to have Presley's heart surgery first or her g-tube placement first. There are pros and cons to both and there seems to be a dividing camp on the issue. Therefore, a much needed care plan meeting has been scheduled for Tuesday. Key players, doctors, surgeons and mommy, oh you bet mommy, will be there. I don't know what will be decided that day but I do know something will be decided that day!! And any future introductions I have with incoming doctors will sound much like this... "Hello, I'm the mommy, don't screw up the plan!!"
Tuesday is also one week away from the end of her antibiotics, so we are getting closer.
Now, as for Pres herself. Gosh, I tear up just broaching this part... I so love that girl!!
I have seen her temperament change a bit. In the first 4 1/2 months of her life she was such a sweet natured, passive baby. I remember being concerned about it and always asking the nurse if she cried that day. Sometimes she wouldn't even cry when they stuck her heel with a needle! It worried me. Now? worry gone!! We can hit a full throttle mad in less than 3 seconds!!! Some days, all you have to do is readjust her nasal prongs and she just gets raging mad. I hate it but I also think it is kinda cute. I tell the nurses, 'Well it took her long enough!' That girl is sick and tired, of being sick and tired. Can you blame her?
She is a little lovely though. Everyone adores her and they still call the tape recorder of Mikah and I talking to her, magic. They say when I am not there she just calms right down when they turn it on.
And my kisses always work, seriously, I have never met a baby that wants to be kissed so much. She loves it, she could have me kiss her a zillion times, it is so funny. The nurse can be doing something to her that makes her mad, on one side of the bed and as long as I am on the other side, just kissing her lips over and over, she calms right down. Isn't that the silliest?
Well, I think that is a sweet vision to end on, me kissing my baby.
So I will post something in regards to 'the plan' Tuesday evening.
Thank you all for caring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kele-

I just read the CarePage message that Presley is at home. So, I went to the blog thinking there would be more info there. I know I am blog impaired, but I looked everywhere. Then I realized you are not sitting in front of the computer.....the 5 of you are enjoying being a family, playing and having lots of fun. I am so so so happy for all of you especially Pres. She is where she needs to be. When you all come up for air from laughing and playing, share how everyone is doing.

Lots of love and Aloha being sent your way.

Carole, Carlos and Chance (due 12/11/08!

Blog Archive