Thursday, October 30, 2008

Funny and Not so funny...

Funny story...
Mikah and Jett haven't been 100% the last couple of weeks. No fever to speak of, but runny noses, hoarse and coughing. Mikah even had a 24 hour tummy virus and last week I suspected a urinary tract infection, so, I called our pediatrician and asked if we could come in. Before we left the house Mikah asked where we were going, I told her the doctor. Well, this upset her immensely, as her yearly check up was only last month and she clearly remembers the shot she received!! I had to tell her we were going to the doctor for Presley to even get her in the car! However, being the smart girl that she is, she didn't totally buy it. As I am driving, she says from the back seat to me, and I am not paraphrasing, I quote... "Mommy, I know the doctor is nice and everything but he has band aids and I don't like that..."
I am thinking she just doesn't know the 'word' for what comes before the band aids (i.e. SHOT) but just how cute is that??!!

Not so funny story...
With a house full of coughs and cudies, Presley has gotten sick as well. Therefore, our pediatrician recommended we check into the hospital for some IV antibiotics and observation. So, yesterday we did just that. Of course, I insisted on the children's hospital rather than any hospitals that are near our home. So, for a few days (GOD WILLING), we are, again, doing the 40 minute drive to the hospital a few times a day, juggling the kiddos and tag teaming our stays.
Please pray for a speedy recovery for our little Presley and I will keep you all posted. Winter is barely here and already I am looking forward to spring/summer.

As winter = cudies!!! sigh

And for those of you familiar with this blog, you are most certainly familiar with Presley's BFF Zoey, as you send one prayer upward for Pres, could you send 10 upward for Zoey? She is fighting the battle of her life. This princess and family need our prayers. And for those of you who don't know this family like I do, can I just say... NO FAMILY is more deserving, they are beautiful and unbelievably caring of others and now they need us to pray for them like never before!! I will be posting more as I know more and please link to Zoey's blog to hear from Heather herself.

5 comments:

Rachael and Chris said...

Lots of prayers and long distance hugs for Pres and Zoey!!!

Elizabeth said...

Sorry to hear the little butterfly is sick. :( Many prayers for quick recovery and total healing for everyone!

Jeanette said...

We have been praying for Zoey. That poor little angel has already gone through a lot. I will be sure to pray for little Presley as well.

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I hope for a super speedy recovery!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I'm sorry you have to go back to the hospital but I hope she's feeling better soon and you're all back home!

Blog Archive