As I dreaded another Sunday, without Mike, all by myself with the kiddos and a prisoner to the house, I mentioned to Mike, as he was leaving at his usual noon time today to head to work, "I think I might actually try and go to Lowe's with all of them" He said, 'I think that's great!! Get out, that would be good for you!'
Truly, I wanted to punch him in the face, he said it so light heartily, like 'Hey, great idea...it is no big deal to take an 8 month old with a portable oxygen tank, a 2 year old and a 3 year old, out and about all by yourself!!' ~sigh~
So, here we go... I pull the thing-a-mu-jiggy down from the closet (the harness that allows you to strap your baby to your chest - haven't used it since Jett was an infant) and load everyone in the car. I am so excited on my way to Lowe's, there are so many projects I want to do around the house and just haven't been able to do any of them for this very reason... too hard to take everyone out by myself.
As we get to Lowe's, Jett and Mikah in the basket and Presley strapped to my chest, I am trying to be somewhat quick because I never know when the whole outing can go south. I brought the emergency gummy bears for the first melt down, but beyond that, I will be outta luck.
As we stroll the aisles I get about a gazillion comments 'Wow, you are one busy mommy', to 'Jeez, you sure have your hands full!', and then of course, my favorite is when they ask 'What are their ages?', I have no doubt this question derives from the curiosity as to just how insane Mike and I really were, when planning this family. When I answer '3 years, 2 years and 8 months' I feel certain the insanity is confirmed in most of their minds. LOL!
Any hoo, through the store we go, Mikah and Jett loving all the attention and Mommy loving that I am getting to finally pick out some patio stones for a project in the back yard that I have been wanting to do.
All in all, it went pretty well...of course checking out is always embarrassing. Am I the only mommy who hands their children half the store just to keep them happy? I know the cashier must despise me as I hand her a dozen things at check out and say 'We won't be needing these now'.
I felt liberated on the way home, braving this task and having it go well. Now I know it can be done and will be doing it much more often!!
However, as I am basking in the glory of my success on the way home, I realize after loading all the kids back into the car, I drove off and never went through the pick up to have them load the patio stones I had purchased... ARG!
Blog Archive
-
►
2016
(13)
- ► August 2016 (1)
- ► March 2016 (2)
- ► February 2016 (5)
- ► January 2016 (5)
-
►
2015
(32)
- ► December 2015 (5)
- ► November 2015 (3)
- ► October 2015 (2)
- ► August 2015 (2)
- ► April 2015 (4)
- ► March 2015 (3)
- ► February 2015 (2)
- ► January 2015 (5)
-
►
2014
(59)
- ► December 2014 (3)
- ► November 2014 (3)
- ► October 2014 (6)
- ► September 2014 (4)
- ► August 2014 (4)
- ► April 2014 (3)
- ► March 2014 (6)
- ► February 2014 (6)
-
►
2013
(6)
- ► December 2013 (1)
- ► November 2013 (2)
- ► October 2013 (2)
- ► September 2013 (1)
-
►
2012
(8)
- ► December 2012 (1)
- ► November 2012 (1)
- ► October 2012 (1)
- ► March 2012 (1)
- ► February 2012 (1)
- ► January 2012 (2)
-
►
2011
(15)
- ► April 2011 (3)
- ► March 2011 (1)
- ► January 2011 (1)
-
►
2010
(44)
- ► November 2010 (4)
- ► October 2010 (1)
- ► September 2010 (2)
- ► August 2010 (2)
- ► April 2010 (2)
- ► March 2010 (4)
- ► February 2010 (7)
- ► January 2010 (8)
-
►
2009
(128)
- ► December 2009 (10)
- ► November 2009 (20)
- ► October 2009 (8)
- ► September 2009 (8)
- ► August 2009 (10)
- ► April 2009 (6)
- ► March 2009 (10)
- ► February 2009 (9)
- ► January 2009 (10)
-
▼
2008
(101)
- ► December 2008 (9)
- ► November 2008 (10)
-
▼
October 2008
(17)
- Funny and Not so funny...
- Precious...
- Enjoying the cool weather...
- Liberated!!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!
- Pumpkin patch...
- Not doing too good...
- Hangin' with Dad!!
- In case you ever wondered why I posted that...
- Presley's story...
- A couple of our angels...
- Through our Presley...
- Happy Birthday Noni!!
- New shoes...
- Meet Dan Drinker...
- Banned to the back yard...
- "R we down about anything?
- ► September 2008 (8)
- ► August 2008 (20)
- ► February 2008 (3)
12 comments:
That is so funny!! I have done countless things of that nature before, but unfortunately had no perfectly acceptable reason (like toting three young babes while actively working to keep the peace). Very well told, too - I really enjoy your sense of humor! :)
Good for you!!
Kele,
You're so awesome. I have a great picture of you four in my head. I'm sure the kids enjoyed getting out.
Oh darling.... I SOOOO know how you feel. Mine are 8, 4 and 1... So I think people must think that I must have a baby every 3-4 years. LOL
Argggg...don't you hate that!? Did you go back??
I can picture the scene!!! I am proud of you!! I can imagine it would feel daunting but truly just bask in the satisfaction that you did it..and all went well!!! Ehhh who cares what they say up at the check out stand...any mom knows you have to "distract" in order to get the stuff done you need to, especially with 3 in tow. :)
I'm sitting here laughing (but I know it isn't funny to you). I can hear my husband saying the same thing and me wanting to slap him also!! I hope you got your patio stones.
I too, am so proud of you.Out there living,like we talked about.Making the most of your moments,even the crazy ones.As for store tactics .... distract,bribe,call it what you will,this mom,for the last 21 years, has used them all.In fact,I'm running out of tricks up my sleeves.Gets to a point and they see through the smoke and mirrors.Wish we could be running errands together ... then they'd really be looking!
YOU GO GIRL!
Lucky kids to have a mom with such a great sense of humor!
I enjoyed your post. I must confess that as I read it, I was laughing because as a Dad of 5, we have been there. When we all go out in public, especially with just one parent, we become quite the spectacle for everyone. It used to annoy us but now it doesn't bother us. One does what one has to do.
Good for your for getting out, it gets easier... of course I was only doing it with 1 baby, but it felt like at times that she was two with all her "stuff." Kuddos to you! Have fun on your second outing to pick up the stones. :)
I admit, having kids spaced a little further apart I am quite impressed, however, we all have our challenges and we deal with them. I'm so glad you got out. And, no, I've given my kids plenty of things to play with in order to get my shopping done. I figure it gives the employees something to do putting it all away again! Oh, and I've driven off without getting my groceries before. We used to have a drive up to get your groceries. It's as popular anymore, but it can be handy -- if you remember to get the groceries!
Post a Comment