So many times, so very often, I have wanted to mention people on the blog who have been so amazing to us since the arrival of our Presley. However, I always seem to stop for fear of leaving someone out. Pretty great problem to have huh? Seriously though, Mike and I have had soooo many people embrace us in the last few months. Mike and I have been astonished by all the gestures bestowed upon us. Friends, family, friends of friends, friends of family, many whom have never even met us.Not too long ago, Mike and I were actually talking about a few people in our lives, in which we were a bit surprised by their lack of support, calls or gestures of concern, during Presley's long medical struggle and hospital stay.
In that conversation Mike said, "Well, this isn't happening to them." That comment really stuck with me and I have thought about it many times.
How very often, do so very many, live their life with that being the bottom line? If it doesn't happen to you, doesn't effect you personally, why care? I admit it is how I lived my life. Is that extremely difficult for me to acknowledge? Yes. But that is my truth. It hasn't been conscious, but it has been my truth. There have been times in which I have heard of a less than fortunate situation in someones life, I did all the appropriate 'Aaahhh, how sad.' or 'Bless their hearts.' and genuinely felt that way. And as I have mention in previous posts, I have even said in passing, 'I will keep you in my prayers', meant it at the time but yet never sent that prayer upward.
When I think of all the people who have sent my family love and prayers and made a gesture of kindness, I am overwhelmed beyond words. I have learned soooo very much from these people, these lovely people who 'this isn't happening to' but yet have taken the time to step outside their own busy life and show an act of kindness to my family during this time. It has humbled me, it has humbled Mike. It has made me realize how even the smallest of gestures can make such a huge impact on someones life. I can't truly articulate it because so much of it is internal, so much of it is how I FELT, how I FEEL, when someone does something to show kindness or goes out of their way to let me and Mike know they care. It touches a very deep place and has caused huge change within me. It allows me to see, we are all in this together... I don't think for even a second that everyone reading this will 'get that', but my hope is that enough of you do and in time, that more and more of you will. It is a beautiful thing to grasp, we have, through our Presley.
Speaking of beautiful...
9 comments:
Kele, what a beautiful post. We too were touched by the outpouring of care, concern and love. It is humbling. God is amazing and He can send his spirit through others, even those whom you've never met.
I also have to say how wonderful that you and your husband have such a strong relationship. All three of your children will reap MANY benefits from your love for them and each other. Your humility will serve them as well. Blessings to you all!
I am so glad I met you while your road was still in the hospital. It is fun to celebrate with you the strides Presley has taken...and she IS beautiful...just a little pumpkin!
Yes, we are definitely all in this together...big hugs to you, your husband, and all your darling kiddos!
Your family is beautiful....I'm SO GLAD we became friends through blogging.
Your family is beautiful....I'm SO GLAD we became friends through blogging.
"Some people come into our lives and quickly go.Some stay for awhile,and leave footprints on our hearts and we are never,ever the same."Flavia
Thank you Giles family for stompin on these California hearts,we have been blessed because of it.Love the pictures of my girl ....just wish I could hold her.
"And as I have mention in previous posts, I have even said in passing, 'I will keep you in my prayers', meant it at the time but yet never sent that prayer upward."
I remember reading those posts and my heart truly aching for you, but look where you are today! I told you everything was gonna be all right. Didn't I?
i remember posting this exact same post not that long ago. it is the hard times in life that you find your true support system. i am so glad to have met you and i hope we can get together soon!
This is the perfect post. I am so touched everytime I visit you. Thanks for reminding me how we are all in this together...
Post a Comment