When I had first created our blog, a friend that blogs told me how much I was going to appreciate it, as a scrapbook of sorts for my family. I loved the idea of that. Where as, I love to do crafts, I do not like to scrapbook!! It drives me mad to sit and glue and cut and paste...ugh, just not my thing, at all! And sadly, I don't really even have a photo album to speak of, I know, it is horrible.
Furthermore, for all the pretty journals I have bought over the years, with the intent to be diligent about recording our journey, that too, is not my thing and I have never stayed committed to it.
So, in case you ever wonder why I it seems I am posting a silly tid bit or picture... perhaps a photo of how I decorated for the holidays or one of Mikah's bedroom or even just a picture of our back yard in the spring ~ maybe it's a little entry about funny words Mikah uses or what Jett's first sentence will be, whatever it may be, know that I am not scrambling around to just find something to post for all our sweet on lookers. I post it because this is our family photo album and journal, of sorts. One in which I plan to print in to a hard copy scrapbook each year. I will even have a label at the bottom of our post that says 'scrapbooking our life'.
Anyway, just thought I would share that in case some of you check out a post and find yourself scratching your head and saying "Does she really think we care?!?" LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
►
2016
(13)
- ► August 2016 (1)
- ► March 2016 (2)
- ► February 2016 (5)
- ► January 2016 (5)
-
►
2015
(32)
- ► December 2015 (5)
- ► November 2015 (3)
- ► October 2015 (2)
- ► August 2015 (2)
- ► April 2015 (4)
- ► March 2015 (3)
- ► February 2015 (2)
- ► January 2015 (5)
-
►
2014
(59)
- ► December 2014 (3)
- ► November 2014 (3)
- ► October 2014 (6)
- ► September 2014 (4)
- ► August 2014 (4)
- ► April 2014 (3)
- ► March 2014 (6)
- ► February 2014 (6)
-
►
2013
(6)
- ► December 2013 (1)
- ► November 2013 (2)
- ► October 2013 (2)
- ► September 2013 (1)
-
►
2012
(8)
- ► December 2012 (1)
- ► November 2012 (1)
- ► October 2012 (1)
- ► March 2012 (1)
- ► February 2012 (1)
- ► January 2012 (2)
-
►
2011
(15)
- ► April 2011 (3)
- ► March 2011 (1)
- ► January 2011 (1)
-
►
2010
(44)
- ► November 2010 (4)
- ► October 2010 (1)
- ► September 2010 (2)
- ► August 2010 (2)
- ► April 2010 (2)
- ► March 2010 (4)
- ► February 2010 (7)
- ► January 2010 (8)
-
►
2009
(128)
- ► December 2009 (10)
- ► November 2009 (20)
- ► October 2009 (8)
- ► September 2009 (8)
- ► August 2009 (10)
- ► April 2009 (6)
- ► March 2009 (10)
- ► February 2009 (9)
- ► January 2009 (10)
-
▼
2008
(101)
- ► December 2008 (9)
- ► November 2008 (10)
-
▼
October 2008
(17)
- Funny and Not so funny...
- Precious...
- Enjoying the cool weather...
- Liberated!!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!
- Pumpkin patch...
- Not doing too good...
- Hangin' with Dad!!
- In case you ever wondered why I posted that...
- Presley's story...
- A couple of our angels...
- Through our Presley...
- Happy Birthday Noni!!
- New shoes...
- Meet Dan Drinker...
- Banned to the back yard...
- "R we down about anything?
- ► September 2008 (8)
- ► August 2008 (20)
- ► February 2008 (3)
7 comments:
We sure care about every little detail.They are all pieces of your life and we love you,so they all matter.Keep them coming.Hope things are settling down there ...not so much here.
I am SO with you on this - were I prone to such things, the scrapbooking aisle at any crafts store would most certainly stir up an anxiety attack for me because it is the retail embodiment of every unfinished project I have ever even thought of starting. Just makes me half-crazy thinking about it... so I always beeline away from those sections of the store as fast as my feet will take me.
I, too, use the blog as a virtual scrapbook and find blogging to be the antithesis of the crafty-scrapbook and almost a form of relaxation for me. The one thing I've been trying to do is figure out how I want to print it out... so thanks for the link! ;)
ooohhhh you are such a wealth of information!!! I had no idea you could hard copy your blog....how great!!!
Scrapbooking gives me hives!!!
i just thought you were crazy!!! :) just kidding. i'm the same way...i post about all kinds of stuff people probably wonder why i'm talking about it. but this my blog is for me. i'm glad that people enjoy it and i can connect with others because of it...but i write because my goals! how is presley doing lately? have you guys started therapy yet? maybe i'll just email you!!! ;P
I am glad that you posted this. I was JUST thinking that I would love the transcripts of my blog for the same reason. It is the only place that I document anything.
Thanks for the link...I too have been trying to figure out how to put Emmy's blog into a scrapbook! I don't think I've had a picture printed out that I've taken since she was 3 weeks old!!!
Also, I love reading about your family...the everyday stuff is the best part of all :)
I just stumbled across your blog and I am so glad!!!! I am very excited about the hard copy your blog, thanks for the link!
Post a Comment